Do animals have any feeling?

@babray06 (1787)
Do you think that animals have any feelings or emotions?
S animals have feeling. When we touch a new born animal immediately its mother will come.
@cyberfluf (5005)
• Netherlands
In my studies there is a book of a specialist which states that motherly love (animals and humans; actually humans are animals but I'll leave it at that for now) is an instinct too. If one wouldn't love it's baby the race would face instinction. Now that's a whole other way to look at it :)
@getjimmy (2245)
yes they do have feelings.I have even seen some animals crying.
My little coco cries if she doesn't get the last bite. When she wants out she comes over and smacks at my hand and then goes to the door like hey yes i mean you!!!
@SunnyDays (1071)
• Bahamas
Yes, animals do have feelings ...You should see that very old dog who got mistreated and is now living at our humane society..He is so happy when someone touches him, he rubs his head on your leg and his eyes are lightening up .. He might not be able to say so but he is happy in those moments - I am certain of that
@fritz27 (1137)
i think so. especially dogs. years ago my son and his friend cut the dogs hair on their own. to this day i swear the dog knew it looked stupid. i think she was embarassed. weird teenage boys.
the dog defenitely knows how to react...to the things she dosnt likes...
@marrry (341)
2 sweet animals - a monkey and a dog!!!they share their feelings!!!!!!!!
i am sure they have!!!!!because they react in certain circumstances!!!
@kerryq2705 (8678)
Yes, animals do have feelings.They have feelings and emotions just like humans do.
@niksan87 (212)
• Bulgaria
every living thing has a feelings ;)))
@LadyLeasJ (204)
Yes animals have feelings and emotions. My dog Pudge is part Lab part Shar-pei. She crys just like humans do, she gets angry just like humans and she gets happy just like humans. Just the other day my brother was here. He had a sore leg and I did not want Pudge to try to pet him (yes she pets humans). I told her to get in bed (my bed is where she sleeps). She listened but was very not happy about it. She looked right at me, turned around and faced the wall and sat there pouting. She is happy when her kids get home from school. Her tail wags, she is jumping up and down waiting anxiously for them to come in. After my surgery my dog did not leave my side. She usually sleeps at my feet, but after my surgery, she curled up right next to me and would not move. If I went to the bathroom she was there waiting at the door. So yes they even love.
@kcrowson (354)
yes they have feelings. Mine will cry with tears in his eyes until I come home.
ya.. animals are soo loyal tht u just love them..
I hear pets really think when we leave home we may never come back that is why some whimper when we leave.. wonder if that is really possible...
@Bugsey (775)
keb-- nice reply, yes they do! i love my dogs and i have 7 of them!
@Kbriscall (191)
yes they definately do. My dog, an American Eskimo, 13 years old, got her pre husband, pre kids, she was the baby. She got depressed, once the kids started rolling around. She now lives with my mom and of course is the baby again and is very very happy. My cats get very full of spite when we leave them for a couple of days to go out town, they pee and poop where there not suppose to, and the older one give the cold shoulder for a day or two when we return.
@babray06 (1787)
Yes, I agree with you. In fact most of us here do agree with you that they have feelings.
@adnan007 (1083)
yes they too have the feelings which we have .its bcos they r also living organisms and so do we ,if we feel anything about someone they too feel the same.we cry and they too when hurted.its the natural world of theirs which we r also a part.
@19862004 (431)
definitely they have the sense of feeling as they feel thirsty
@Moushmi (94)
Yep i do think they have feelings & emotions!
@srhelmer (6933)
• Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
I think animals have the same basic feelings humans do.
ofcourse animals hav feelings; man is considered to be a social animal. this is an accepted statement. human biengs r different from other living biengs just by their ability to express their feelings. animals might not be able to express their feelings but they surely hav them,and they try expressing it in the best possible way they can. its just that we need to look up to them gr8 2 b here.
of course animals do have feelings......evn we are animals....SOCIAL animals...
I think so
OH yes, Ever heard a dog yelp in pain? Doesn't your dog express happiness when you arrive home by wagging his tale? Not to mention horses, pigs, cats, birds and the list goes on express emotions of all sorts when interacting with you or other animals, haven't you noticed any of this?
@babray06 (1787)
I have noticed that and I believe firmly that they have feelings. Please also check my comments in this thread.
Hehe, sorry about that (embarrassed), I had only responded to the question and moved on(forgot to check) as the kids were fighting in the background. You sound like a beautiful person. Cheers Nomiesness.
@babray06 (1787)
It's ok mate. Cheers. Say hello from me to your kids.
@sarah22 (3981)
yes they do. my dog shows me when hes hurt and i know he's sad when we go away and have to leave him at home. The might not be human but they have a heart too.
@babray06 (1787)
Yes, they have feelings. I agree with you.
@babray06 (1787)
The only problems with animals is that they cannot think. If they would have the ability to think they would all become superior to man or otherwise, I do not know. I feel the ability to think only makes the man a succesful one or a failure.
@babray06 (1787)
Great answer, very intelligent. You gave a different reply. Yes if we see in broader perspective it the ability to the think better than animals give us the edge.
Thank you so much for your comment.
yes sometimes i say my dog is 1/2 human...because although she might not always be the brightest crayon in the box, emotionwise...shes alot like a human.
@babray06 (1787)
Thank you for your reply.
ur welcome :-)
@kimmypot (285)
oh yes definitely! they do and they have their own minds as well like i said in my other thread. they become sad, happy, confused, angry and so forth. in this picture of my dog, he was hiding his face because i was scolding him for chewing a book to pieces. see? :)
@babray06 (1787)
Yes, Correct. They have feelings.
This is such a cute picture, kimmypot! Your dog is precious - even if he was being a bad boy when the picture was taken. :-D