Holiday Recipes

Share your favorite holiday recipe! I'm looking for new recipes to possibly prepare for my family for the holidays. I'm from South Louisiana so most holiday dishes consist of rice and spice (cajun foods). I presently bake my turkey in a brown paper bag and I think (along with others) that I make the best turkey hands down! Very moist even the white meat falls off the bone! You baste your turkey with olive oil (either kind) and then i rub the turkey with Tony Chacheries creole season mix (season salt works too) put the turkey on a roasting pan, shove it in the brown paper grocery bag, staple the opening shut and bake at 325 at 13 min per pound. I promise it is the easiest most delicious turkey ever! Anyone else have an odd holiday favorite?
@lena2000 (2392)
• Belgium
Spaghetti with Tuna 3 cups water 1 can (14 oz) pasta-style chunk tomatoes 1 can (16 oz) chick-peas -- rinsed and drained 8 oz spaghetti -- uncooked 1 can (6 oz) chunk tuna 1/4 teaspoon pepper Bring water, tomatoes and peas to boil in large skillet. Stir spaghetti into skillet, cover and boil 12 minutes. Stir in tuna and pepper. Isn't it simple?
That does sound simple!! Thanks for the post. If i can talk my husband into eating tuna and pasta (which i LOVE by the way), i'll fix it for the family, if not-i'll try it for myself! Thanks again!
@neenasatine (2842)
New Year's Eve Chicken SUBMITTED BY: Leeann Bradley "This is my all time favorite chicken dish. My mom used to make it for her annual New Year's Eve party, so it was a treat! She wouldn't give me the recipe until I moved out of town! The flavor seems to intensify over time, so they make even yummier leftovers! I can almost guarantee you will be asked for the recipe!" INGREDIENTS 2 pounds chicken wings salt and pepper to taste 1 1/2 cups Italian salad dressing 1/2 cup apricot jam 1/4 cup apple juice 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix DIRECTIONS Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish. Arrange the chicken wings in a single layer in the prepared baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. In a bowl, whisk together the Italian salad dressing, apricot jam, apple juice, and dry onion soup mix. Pour over the chicken. Cover and bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Remove lid during final 20 minutes of cooking. New Year's Day Soup SUBMITTED BY: Karin Christian "This soup will bring you good luck for the new year! It is a yummy way to make sure you have your black-eyed peas - a Southern New Year's tradition INGREDIENTS 1 pound dry black-eyed peas 3 (10.5 ounce) cans beef broth 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained ground black pepper to taste DIRECTIONS In a large saucepan with enough water to cover, soak the black-eyed peas 8 hours, or overnight. Drain and rinse the soaked black-eyed peas, and return to the saucepan. Mix in the beef broth, dry onion soup mix, sausage, rice, and green chilies. Season with pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until the beans are tender. Add water as necessary to keep the ingredients covered with liquid.