Chicken skin

@cessy1 (1748)
when you are preparing chicken, do you remove chicken skin? they say that there are a lot of cholesterol found in chicken skin so my mom remove most of the chicken skin..it's kind of sad because i love eating it specially when crispy..
@pvleroux (607)
That is the best part of the chicken, why dont they sell just chicken skins? I love it and always steal my wife's before she can eat it.
@cessy1 (1748)
i know..it is really delicious! but for health reason's my mom removes them..high blood runs in the family and she's just protecting us..there are stores here in our place that sells deep fried chicken skin..i sneak to buy some sometimes when my parents are not around :p
@pvleroux (607)
What can we do? The nice things in life stay nice...
@cessy1 (1748)
hehe maybe eating something unhealthy is still ok once in a while :)
@Lydia1901 (16354)
I find it fatty and I don't like the way it looks when not cooked. But, I don't mind eating it after someone esle prepared it and it's fried and crispy.
@cessy1 (1748)
yeah chicken skin looks so tempting when crispy! yum!
@razcal2267 (15577)
The only time I buy chicken with skin on it is when I buy a full chicken or when I get a package of drumsticks. I know that it is healthier to have it skinless and I really just cant not stand removing the skin myself so I buy cutlets when they are on sale and try to eat that more often then the chicken with the skin still on but there are some days you just have to have that crispy goodness
@cessy1 (1748)
now that you mentioned the crispy goodness, i can't help but crave for chicken skin right now... :P
I loved fried chicken skin! I try to take all the skin from my family members who don't want thiers. But it is ture that it isn't very healthy. I only have fried chicken rarely, and for the most part I eat healthy and exercise regurarly, so I don't see why I shouldn't endulge one in a while.
@cessy1 (1748)
haha me, too! since my dad has high blood he removes chicken skin when we eat at fast food..and then i eat it..ehehe
@asliah (11149)
no i didn't remove the skin of chicken when i cook it because for me it is the most delicious and tasty part of the chicken especially when it will cook fry and it will become crispy,so every time my mother fried a chicken i will eat first the skin before the other part.
No I don't remove the chicken skin because that's what actually whqt I am looking for. The skin taste good to me. Chicken to me will be dull without the skin. I like chicken skin and even buy it in the super market. I don't care if it's high of cholesterol. I like chicken skin on fried chicken. I am young still so I am not worried about being high blood. I am enjoy food!
@razcal2267 (15577)
When I am buying and cooking the chicken myself I do remove the skin mainly because of the reason you stated. I do however love fried chicken with the skin and will get it from a take out place every so often. I am trying to eat a bit healthier but I will not deprive myself of the foods that I enjoy, only cut back on them.
@tmnjyk (3487)
Yeah that is what my aunt is doing. She always removes the skin of a chicken before she eats because she has heart attack and also have a high blood. Wait! Not only my aunt but my hubby as well. You remind me what have happened the other day, he cooked chicken soup by frying the chicken first, then he removes the skin for me. hahah because he knows how much I like chicken skin.