Do your kids play sports?

Baseball Bat - baseball bat
@tba123 (457)
Do you kids play sports? Do they just play for the schools or do they play for the summer leagues too? My daughter played instructional league tea ball this summer for the recreational center here. She really enjoyed it, I think she plans on playing again this year as long as she can keep the same coach. (He's a friend of ours and she's crazy about him and says she won't play unless he's her coach lol) They had soccer here and are starting the basketball league in January but she's not old enough for either of those yet.
@tentwo67 (3384)
My son played soccer this past fall at the local YMCA. He's four and this was his first experience on a team. He had some real, uh, focus issues. For example, the rest of the team would be chasing the ball and he'd be examining the net on the goal on the opposite end. And then there was the day someone brought a dog to the game and most of the kids kept wandering over to where the dog was instead of following the ball. It was cute, and interesting, and occasionally annoying... (his games were at 8:00 am Saturdays, so when he was disengaged from the games, I sometimes felt a little frustrating that we were out so early). His school offers soccer for kids as young as K5. Since he's K4 this year he couldn't play at school, which is why we went to the Y. I'm inclined to think that the combination of being older and more mature and playing for his own school will make next year's experience different.