Can I bring charges against my father for molestation in Fl.?

United States
December 27, 2006 11:14am CST
I was molested after I fell asleep at my father's house one evening shortly after my Mom passed away. I may want to bring charges against him possibly a civil suit in the state of Florida. I am 59 now and was about 48 when it happened. There is much more to say but don't think I need to go into it any further just yet. Can you help me with this or do you know who I can call to find out more about this. I am living in the state of Louisiana. Thanks so much for any help you can give me. Donna Battenfield
1 response
@tater03 (1765)
• United States
27 Dec 06
I am sorry to hear that this happened to you. I would say maybe you could call the DA's office in the town where this happened. They should be able to stear you in the right direction I would think.
@vinod18 (172)
• India
30 Dec 06
You have to check for limitation period, since the incident happened almost 11 years back. What you are doing all these years? This question my arise. Anyhow, gooluck to you.