do the dishes

@TerryZ (22146)
Do you have a dishwasher? or do you do your dishes by hand? I would die if I had to do them by hand. It would take so much time up. Thanks to the dishwasher.
@cherhost (1073)
I sometimes just do the dishes. I know it sounds funny but when i first moved in my house our electric bill was soooo high... it was over $300. So i did whetever it would take to lessen the amount of electricity I used. So needless to I use the dishwasher now... I figured out this silly house we live in... but i even went as far as using cold water in the washing machine. But I thank God for that wonderufl invention of the dishwasher.
@TerryZ (22146)
I know I agree with you I simply love my dishwasher.
Well I don't have a dishwasher, so I have to do them by hand. But I live alone, so it is not many dishes :)
@TerryZ (22146)
Oh if I lived alone I still would use the dishwasher.LOL
@shanyuo (251)
We usally wash the pots and pans by hand and the rest of the dishes go into the dishwasher
@TerryZ (22146)
I sometimes will wash the pots but most of them will go in too.
@applsofgld (2506)
No, I don't have a dishwasher, but plan to have one installed hopefully the next couple of years. I have been a domestic engineer for about 31 years now and have not had a dishwasher but maybe for a total of about 2 years during that time, and that's stretching it. I would LOVE a dishwasher and would appreciate it running efficiently so much.
@TerryZ (22146)
I hope you get one.
I have a dishwasher. But, I wash the dishes before I put them in there, so I may as well not have one I suppose. I don't mind washing them, but my hands are getting very dry from the water and the soap.
@TerryZ (22146)
Then stop washing them and let the dishwasher do the work you silly.LOL
@pinklilly (3446)
I am the Dishwasher, it feels like a constent thing I do throught the day, it can be rather annying at times and calming at others...
@TerryZ (22146)
I dont even remember this discussion its really old.LOL But thanks for sharing.
@brendakaya (2335)
I don't have a dishwasher, unfortunately. I wish I did. I don't really have any room or a hookup for one, but I'd like to have a portable one.
@mgmagana (3621)
well in my old house we didn't have a dishwasher, but it wasn't too bad, we just made everyone use the same cups for the day and right after a meal, i'd wash the plates. but now i do have a dishwasher and it makes me more lazy, i don't want to load and unload. but i do!
@cipher2004 (1184)
I handwash my dishes even though I have a dishwasher.With gas and electric bill being raised 50% in June I have no choice.
@razcal2267 (15577)
We do have a dishwasher that we run about once a week. I am not sure why but the dinner dishes, pot and pans and silverware get hand washed by one of my house mates. She insists that we cooked so she has to do the dishes. It is silly to me since we do have a working dish washer but this is what she does and as long as I am not the one expected to wash them I will not complain.
@wynna1 (1291)
No i dont have dishwasher at home but i would really want to have one. I always handwash all the dishes and sometimes i really get sick doing it. But on the other hand, it saves electricity, you can clean the dishes the way you want it and a bit of exercise also for your arms. :-)
@gabs8513 (48803)
I have a Dishwasher it is 6 years old now I got it when I was working Full time as it was getting to much coming home at 8pm sorting the Kids cooking ( as the Ex could not be asked ) and then doing the Dishes but when I move I will be leaving it with the Kids as I will not need it for one Person lol
@angelicEmu (1311)
I'm the dishwasher! I'm happy to do them by hand for several reasons: dishwashers use loads of water and electricity, the detergent is ridiculously expensive for them, and they don't always clean effectively. So I save money on our bills, am being more eco-friendly, and I KNOW they're properly clean! We used to live in a flat with a dishwasher, and I stopped using it for those reasons, and because rinsing, loading, unloading and drying the dishes was more of a chore than simply washing them!
yes! thanks to the inventor of the dishwasher! :) it lessens the amount of work... you merely have to throw away any leftovers, put the dishes in the dishwasher, turn it on, and wait until it's done... :) it gives you more time to do other things... :)