Problems with Big Chain Stores?

@themyl (1423)
Have you ever had any problems with a big Chain Store as far as they didn’t give you back the correct change, they didn’t want to honor their warranty on an item, etc.?
@chrislotz (8203)
Yeah, I know of a big chain store, won't mention the name here, that when you have to return something to get fixed they say you have to send it in to the manufactorer yourself. For example, my step daughter bought a computer form one big chain store, and purchased the extra warrenty which cost a couple hundred dollares. then when she had problems with the computer she went back to the chain store and told them she had problems and needed it fixed. They told her, blantantly, that she had to send it to the manufacturer herself. She had to either mail it at her own expense, or send it by courier, of course at her own expense. She said, well why do I have to do that when I bought the extra warranty. They told her, too bad, that's our policy. The extra warranty is so you don't have to pay for the repair. It cost her $60.00 to send it by courier. She had no choice, she couldn't put it in the mail. They, the manufacturer sent it back to her, after it was repaired, COD. Can you imagine, she had to pay the courier charge of another $60.00. So it cost her $120.00 to get her computer fixed. Why pay for the extra warranty of $200.00 and then have to pay more. And her computer was only 6 months old when this all happened. The store wouldn't even let her return it to them, to get her money back or to exchange it. I will never shop at that big chain store again, for anything. I don't care if it's on sale or even if they are giving things away for free. You will never see me in that store.
@themyl (1423)
I agree with you 100% on what you're saying. I once bought a computer from one of those Big Chain Stores also. I had it for about a month when it stopped working. Of course, I took it back and told the store manager that it wasn't working and I wanted a good working replacement! The store manager immediately instructed the employee to take that one back and give me another one. I walked out of there with a Brand New Computer which I have had for several years now. I guess it all depends on the store manager.