microwave oven

@geboy99 (137)
January 6, 2007 2:09am CST
If a microwave oven with painted inside walls has some of the paint removed due to a very small fire caused by arcing, is it still safe to use? Yes. The paint is simply decoration on the metal walls. The cooking chamber of the microwave has metal walls so that the microwaves will reflect around inside the chamber. Thick metal surfaces are mirrors for microwaves and they work perfectly well with or without thin, non-conducting coatings of paint
1 response
@akosi63 (331)
• Philippines
6 Jan 07
microwave, safe? on your discussion about paint, if it affects the safety, yes. But overall safety, I've read something about food that was cooked or reheated in microwave lessens the nutrients(much lesser nutrients than traditional coooking) and can actually cause cancer. ΓΌ