What is your favorite song and why?

I ask this simple question because it's something I am very curious about. For me, my favorite song is one by the Eagles called "Hotel California". Anytime I hear this song played I don't hear the artist singing it. I hear my husband because he's been singing this song all his life and never knew why until we met. You see, I was due in 1969 but came 2 weeks early and was born last day of '68. Yes, I'm tellin my age...scary huh? Well, when my husband met me he realised why he always sang the song and no, it's not drug related. I have many friends in real life and admittedly many are the "pretty boy" type. There is alot of symbolish that he and I can relate to in regard to the song and I'd love to know what song is the favorites of those who may choose to respond and why the song is their favorite. Thanks everyone...
@ESKARENA1 (18304)
i think for me it has to be a song by R.E.M called everybody hurts, every time i hear it i want to cry , it was a highlight of a concert i saw in my home town in 1995 too
that's kewl...I'll have to listen to it...thanks hon
@lifeis2good (1186)
Well I recently came upon this song called World by Five For Fighting. The song really asks what kind of world you want to live in and just makes you sit back and wonder how you would answer the question. And it makes me think of how many other people out there today would answer that question since our world can be considered in such dis-array these days with so many different issues going on. And I love how he sings that History Starts Now - oh that is so true!!!!