Comment ratings

@BDnLacy (324)
Ok I have a question concerning the ratings system on here. I wasn't aware that there was one, but in another discussion, I saw where a lady said she goes back to rate the comments that are left on her post. What is she speaking of and does it help the members to earn more on MyLot?
@ESKARENA1 (18299)
the ratings is the plus or minus sign that appears at the side of your responses its a good idea to respond to those that answer your discussions and a positive rating seems to get them more credit. Also for those who have nothing to add you can also give them a negative rating, or indeed report them to mylot if they are rude or carry out site abuse keep on posting good luck
I'm sure that rating does make a difference, but I haven't found out a way to determine it. I'm sure that positive ratings would help you earn more and negative ratings would prevent you from earning. Also the best response feature must help as well.