Why in the world would a curling iron's label say "for external use only?"

Aren't the warnings funny that are on the labels of appliances today? You know that someone had to do these things for the makers to state in on the labels. That's what makes it so darn funny. I've read "curling iron for external use only" and "do not use blow dryer while bathing". Who does this? Has anyone else read some funny ones? Let me know.
@medooley (1875)
There is a web site some where with all of these on them, I just cant remember what it is off the top of my head. I know that there is something on a bottle of childrens medicine about how you shouldn't take it and drive. Obviously they has problems with children taking the medicine and the falling asleep while driving.
That's funny. I don't think that a child drove after taking it though. LOL It was probably a mom, like me, who ran out of adult cold meds a took a double dose of her kids cough syrup. I've done that a time or two. :)
@razcal2267 (15577)
I want to know about the people who need these warnings. It is sad that they have to put these warnings on things because someone did the unthinkable and now they have to give the warnings so the rest of us do not make the same "mistake" Every time I see a dumb warning I think to myself "now what idiot did that" Here are some of my favorites: Curling iron- This product can burn eyes Hand-held massaging device- Do not use while sleeping or unconscious Toilet bowl cleaning brush- Do not use orally Silly putty- Do not use as ear plugs Hair coloring- Do not use as an ice cream topping Mattress label- Do not attempt to swallow Swedish chainsaw manual- Do not attempt to stop the blade with your hand Remote control for a TV- Not dishwasher safe. Toilet bowl cleaning brush- Do not use orally