What do you do when...

United States
January 16, 2007 10:16am CST
I have the habit of correcting peoples english whenever they say something wrong. I know others who do the same. Does anyone else do this, and are there any toher ways of correcting someone politely, besides saying "your wrong" or something like that. How do you correct a person politely without them thinking that your rude????
2 responses
@katyzzz (2902)
• Australia
17 Jan 07
Not really, ask them if they want you to.
@sizzle3000 (3039)
• United States
16 Jan 07
Well let me start by telling you that you have an error in your post. You spelled other wrong. Now, I don't know if there is a nice way to correct someones english. I make mistakes when I am speaking often and my husband has to correct every little itty bitty thing that I say wrong. I hate that. If you can understand the conversation and it doesn't really matter if you say who instead of whom why correct the person and make them feel stupid. However, if you are speaking to some one who you are debating about facts then you must correct them. If you are going to have a battle of witts you need to be armed.