Do you believe global warming exists?

Australia
January 25, 2007 4:28am CST
Is global warming a reality or not? What sort of proof is there? and if there is proof, why doesnt the government think its an important issue. If they thought it was important, would they take some really massive action? Whats your feelings, thoughts and opinions on this one?
3 responses
@maan10 (2)
• Philippines
2 Feb 07
yeah i think it does exist. more than enough proof is everywhere -- the weather's changed so much already. i'm from the philippines and it's usually warm here, but right now it feels like autumn in tokyo. i think the government doesn't think it's an issue because it's going to be expensive resorting to environmental-friendly products and measures, like using biogas instead of unleaded gasoline for our vehicles. remediation of the environment and monitoring of pollution are likewise expensive. it's sad that the people who have the authority can't even do something about our environment. oh well, i've learned that the earth has a natural tendency to clean itself up after a few hundred (or thousand) years. just look up on how many natural disasters the earth has had ever since.
• Australia
2 Feb 07
Yes its a scary thing. It makes you wonder where exactly our supposed leaders are leading us to? It is starting to look like human greed is going to be the demise of us all, even though alot of us want to change it. I guess the question is....how do we get the bad leaders out and find some good ones to put in. History has shown us that the good ones always get killed.
@fregus75 (259)
• Australia
27 Jan 07
its very true. the glaciers around the world is melting so...
• Australia
2 Feb 07
I believe the Maldives are slowly being covered by water. Such a beautiful place, but i am afraid i may never see it with my own eye.
@nkife52 (207)
• Canada
25 Jan 07
It's pretty obvious that it's true. Have you seen the recent pictures of Greenland melting? Also, over 90% of the scientific community agrees that it's a problem. The other 10% are paid by the US government to contradict them, because many of the companies and corporations owned by members of the Republican party would have to slow down production in order to reduce global warming.
• Australia
25 Jan 07
Sad isnt it. That these few companies control our health and wellbeing. What is also sad is that the government that we voted in is only interested in a short term view that lines their own pockets!