Individual Cake Recipe

Here is a recipe I got from a friend to make Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cake. It sounds wonderful now I just need to try it. 2 to 4 Tuna Cans Cleaned and Washed 1 package yellow or orange cake mix (make as directed) 1 can of Pineapple slices brown sugar small bowl for 1/2 stick melted butter 1 package of ready to serve icing ---optional Grease your tuna cans Mix up your cake mix as directed Preheat oven as directed take a pineapple round slice and place it in the bottom of the can. sprinkle a little melted butter and brown sugar on the pineapple Now add cake mix until 2/3 of the can is full. Bake as directed for cupcakes Might take 2-5 minutes extra watch closely. Optional to frost cake when cooled. Serve and enjoy
• Marion, Kansas
Wow, that sounds cute, and it would be a great individual dessert for a lunch box. I will have to try it, thanks for posting.
I love the idea too
@razcal2267 (15577)
I will have to pass this on to my sister for her husband. He loves pineapple upside down cake but he is the only one. With this recipe he could get his cake any time he wanted and it would be just for him. The big baby would love that.
sounds like it would be perfect for her husband.
What a cool idea! I'm going to try this but would like to know what size tuna cans to use before I do. Sounds yummy and can hardly wait.
Just use the regular size cans. Make sure they are greased well :)
@estarga (1188)
That sounds so good and quick. I usually bake from scratch but this sounds like a quick fix, when pressed for time.
I hope you like it. I think it would work great with any kind of cake mix just take away the pineapple, melted butter and brown sugar.
@gewcew23 (8012)
This sounds so good. I will have to try this. This would be so good to put in a gift basket also. Thanks for the idea.
aren't tuna cans made out of aluminum? Is it safe to bake with it? I think your recipe sounds fabulous!
@sherrir101 (3671)
I love the thought of individual cakes. No messy pans and the cut mark in the cake. The pineapple ring with a cherry would be absolutly beautiful!
@tammyr (5969)
• Etowah, Tennessee
This my fav. kind of cake! I will have to give it a try! I will probably use this instead of cupcakes sometime.And i agree it would work for any kind of cake. Cupcakes are fine, but an individual cake would be even better! Thank you so much for the idea! I will even use the idea for meatloaf and other casserole type meals. It would be easier to freeze them for future use. I wonder if pineapple up-side-down cake would freeze well!?