baby bear, mama bear and papa bear booties
January 29, 2007 9:43pm CST
This morning I set out to make a pair of baby booties using a free 'can't fail' pattern I found on the Internet. The pattern called for U.S. size 0 needles. I thought that was awfully small, so I used size 3's. The bootie came out tiny. So I switched to size 8 needles and made another one. This one came out bigger, and might fit a preemie but still smaller than what I had in mind. So I scrapped the pattern and rewrote it. The third bootie looks just about right though I may tweak the right angle by one more stitch. The foot part may be a bit too wide. Once I get the bugs worked out, my pattern will be easy to memorize and quick to make, so I'm happy.