United States
February 2, 2007 11:04pm CST
Ok, I was married and divorced and had gotten pregnant by my ex-husband. For the entire pregnacy and the 1st year of my sons life he wanted nothing to do with him! Then when I decided to move to Tennessee, where I was in the process of buying a home and a place of business and had everything set up, my ex-husband took me to court and had it court orderd that I remain in the same place as him! So, now I am not aloud to move no more than 50 miles from him....this really sucks! There is no employment here and all the places are sky high! Well, now I am getting married on April 21st, 2007 and my fiance's job with Timewarner has transfered hi to Wilmington, NC! We had no choice financially but for him to go...I have explained all this to my ex-husband and asked if he would be willing to sit down with his Mom & Dad(cuz God knows he can't do anything without their approval 1st! Mind you he is 37 yrs old and still lives with his parents). Anyways, him and his parents are stalling cuz they think they are gonna beable to keep me here. And we can't afford a lawyer to go to court! We are not sure wat to do!! Does anyone have any answers or thoughts??? Please help!
2 people like this
5 responses
@judyt00 (3504)
• Canada
3 Feb 07
does your ex pay child support? if not, go to court and get thejudge to discontinue the decree then ask that yourhusband be allowedto adopt yourchild. ohter than that, justgo, don't tell your ex you are going and where you are going to.
• United States
3 Feb 07
Actually, my ex does pay child support faithfully! And as far as just up and going...believe me I thought about it, but then I would be wanted for kidnapping! I really wish it was that easy!
@Destiny007 (5820)
• United States
24 Feb 07
If the court has ordered that the child be kept within a certain radius of the father, then short of going back to court and getting that changed there is nothing to be done. If you disregard the judges order and move anyhow, you risk some very serious charges, and could lose custody. Unless you have proof of some reason that the father shouldn't be allowed to see his son, then he has every right to see him. After all, it is what is best for the child, and you must make the sacrifices needed for the child's best interests.
@Kaldonya (278)
• United States
18 Feb 07
I have found out from my lawyer that the biological father paying child support does NOT mean automatically that he has visitation rights! Those are two totally separate things! (even though MY ex thinks otherwise). ex cannot keep you living within a certain radius of him. If you can prove to the courts that your moving will BETTER the life of your child (emotionally, financially, etc), you can have that overturned.
• India
12 Feb 07
hi do one thing talk to your ex husband seriously about this matter, what u feel what are ur duties towards ur child, say him for ur child sake let u go. good luck
• United States
7 Feb 07
I really don't understand why the judge ordered you to stay in tennessee anyways. that just doesn't make any since to me at all. the best advice is to talk to a lawyer... they may do a payment plan for you. and good luck