Solar Power

@indywahm (808)
We are seriously looking into making our house solar power and i was wondering if anyone out there has solar power an how do you like it , pros and cons?? We already have solar powered stuff like a radio, lights, and my son has a solar power pac for his laptop.
@Willowlady (10666)
Solar is definitely the way to go. Somehow you can sell extra power back to the utility company. We never did. We do not want any part of the grid. On yhe days we were full was when I swept and did laundry and ran the lights and such. Normally we worked within what the nature was providing. We are solar and wind powered so the one works when the other doesnt't normally. There are days though both are producing power. My washing machine is sized the the solar power and the well pump too. Compact flourescent lights should be used also. Nothing with a heating element since that draws too much current. You will need an invertor and batteries to convert and store the power you make. I highly suggest this and hope you find it as nice as we did.
@hanuma34 (821)
I came across this 4 year old response of yours, just now. Hope the discussion can be revived. I would have appreciated if more details have been given like the size of the solar power unit and the approx. cost and so on. Further from what was stated you must be living outside the urban area, because you have wind energy as well. I admire the foresight you exhibited in conquering the energy problem with literally cost free natural resources.
@CatEyes (2449)
Solar power  - Solar power house; the way of the future!
My in laws had a solar powered house for a while and they liked it a lot; the cost was well worth it in the end. They even used solar energy for the water heater. Worked for them great. I heard it could be expensive, but like I said well worth money.