About those type at home and data entry jobs online...

@badpenny (742)
Seagoville, Texas
February 10, 2007 3:59am CST
A friend of a friend gave me a copy of the "training material" that these people want to charge us $50 for. It consists of a copy of the website you just signed up with, and instructions on how to post your new website doing the same thing to someone else. Is that a crock, or what?
3 people like this
8 responses
@talisman (1308)
• United States
10 Feb 07
That's why I never sign up for data entry "jobs". Most are like that. I'm sure that a few are legitimate, but I don't have the time or money to find out which. I make money online in other ways and love everything I'm doing.
@badpenny (742)
• Seagoville, Texas
10 Feb 07
You are so right. I didn't pay for this, it was a gift, and I'm glad I wasn't stupid enough to do so. I won't be selling it, either. I do think everybody should know what it;s all about, especially since I've seen a lot of questions about it on MyLot. So, what are you doing that makes you so much money? I've about given up and decided to get a real job until I graduate and start my own business.
@chazdubs (249)
• United States
10 Feb 07
The data entry job that I signed up for is not a scam. I have proof of payment on my profile. I have made the majority of my money through the actual job. I have made $810 through referrals, but almost $3000 from revenue created by data entry. Check out my profile for the link. It isn't a scam, I back it 100%
1 person likes this
@talisman (1308)
• United States
10 Feb 07
Just because what you do isn't a scam, doesn't mean that other things aren't scams.
2 people like this
@siddhinfo (1501)
• India
10 Feb 07
Can you please tell me the site name or could you send me the report so that I too can make extra money
2 people like this
@chazdubs (249)
• United States
10 Feb 07
Visit my profile for the link. Don't listen to these skeptics.
1 person likes this
@ssh123 (31104)
• India
10 Feb 07
Why training manual, they will send cd's, they show you video movies how easily one can make $3000 to $10000 per month. I have seen in and out of such sites and they are big time scams. For having paid $50, they send you trash. I paid $49.99 for a extensive survey list. Addresses are alright.When you apply for membership, 75% of the sites closed and remaining 25% have no survey on hand. Beware of such sites which asks for upfront fee. With upfront fee alone they make millions and they are called blade companies.
1 person likes this
@talisman (1308)
• United States
10 Feb 07
Having to pay upfront doesn't mean that something is a scam. However, having to pay just to receive information generally is.
2 people like this
@Bee1955 (3887)
• United States
20 Feb 07
Try these: http://www.BasimahsBountifuls.com for no-fee and scam-free work from home opportunities, and http://www.agloco.com/r/BBBW5440
1 person likes this
@Bee1955 (3887)
• United States
20 Feb 07
"Caveat emperor" - buyer beware!
1 person likes this
@linda345 (2661)
• Canada
12 Feb 07
I am glad you are here to keep us up on on the online scams. I am only starting to look into some of them but most I cant sign up for anyway because you need a credit card and I don't have one.
1 person likes this
@KrauseHome (33368)
• United States
10 Feb 07
These type of SCAMS are getting larger and larger as time goes on, and the Biggest problem is the people who waste their money and fall for them. Same thing like the Envelope stuffing, etc. It is a Shame people believe these, and waste $$ to find out they've been Scammed. I feel it is time that we somehow warn the people, and get a lot of these things shut down for good once caught.
@GuateMom (1411)
• Canada
1 Mar 07
Those manuals certainly are a scam. I think if you want to work in data entry, you need to really look for the actual jobs, not how to get them! I found that there are a lot of these jobs on bidding sites like www.findafreelancer.com, but there is a ton of competition and it often isn't worth the amount of money they pay you.