Interior decorating tips, anyone?

Malaysia
I love to come back to a home that feels peaceful, like nature and harmonious. Interior decorating is vital if one likes his or her home to be wonderful. It is not how much it cost because if we all share ideas how things can be done with little or no cost, everyone here shall benefit. For example, I love to have some plants placed inside my bathroom, near the toilet bowl. Then, some little ones, hanging on the walls. In this way, both my guests and me will feel a nice nature atmostphere when we use it. I am sure many of us have little interior decorating tips to share. We come from all over the world and what is better than to know how someone from thousands of miles away could have a great idea to freshen up my home?
@design (848)
I think that minimizing clutter for a start makes your home more relaxed and inviting to others. loud colours especially if you live in a hot climate is a no go, soft pastel colours are still warm but give you the feeling of shade once inside.
Your view on using soft pastel colours for hot climate area is great. I did try this and it definetely gives a better cool feeling to the home. Most of my furnitures and fittings are of light colours. My walls are painted with a soft pastel of beach to enhance coziness. They blend well.