rights as tennants

October 14, 2006 10:05am CST
As a tennant what rights do I have when receiving a letter from a solicitors advising us that they are taking the Landlord to court on the 21st November for possession claim. We have also asked hum to do some jobs inthe house suvh as leak under boiler,leak on kitchen roof and bedroom window falling out
2 responses
• Canada
24 Oct 06
I've said it before, and I'll say it again-document eveything-every converstation, every phone call, every exchange. Take pictures of the problems, and date them, indicating the dates you asked about the problems being fixed (and who you asked). Contact your local rental houseing tribunal, and they can guide you through any more necessary steps you must take.
@MrsFrizzle (1964)
• United States
24 Oct 06
I would report them for not taking care of the place. I guess you could call the better buisness bureo or something like that.