Nice but thirsty

I drive a Saab 9-5. It's a great car, it has tremendous style, and a 'feelgood' factor not easily attainable. But my biggest gripe is the cost it takes to maintain. It really does show that it costs to have quality. I don't think I'd buy another, but if i was going to, it'd have to be a diesel. It is the one of the safest cars you can buy on the road, but they are not economical at all. I had the 2.0 SE Ecopower edition, and I was quite annoyed when I heard that the 2.3 Aero (Saab owners will know all about the Aero) actually has BETTER fuel economy!!!! How bizarre!!
@jam14zen (149)
The Aero's cost around 6k more and I find it hard to believe that the fuel economy is better. I have the same type of Saab 9-5 as you and the gas is not great, but not terrible either. Maybe you try to kick in that turbo 2 early 2 often or put in in sport mode. I just drive it regular and only use the power it attains if I need it in traffic.