Daylight Saving Time

Everyone on the news has been talking about how we springing an hour ahead this weekend on March 10th. They very specifically stress the word saving, not savings. Anyone know why it's saving and not savings? Or why it matters? Thanks!
I don't really understand why we are going back earlier this year but I am glad , I like the idea of more light during the day and where it is not as dark at night so fast . It will save us money in that way because we won't have to use as much power for our lights as we will have light longer during the evenings .
It's supposed to help save us more electricity. I do appreciate the longer day and I can stay outside later getting things done.
I do remember calling it daylight savings time when I was a kid. I'm not sure when it changed, but maybe it was around the time the typical work day changed from 9-5 to 8-5. Why did that happen? And why can't we change it back?
I don't know what the big deal is either, but I heard that it is about saving technology or something like this. However, you would have to check this out.