donating organs when I pass away

October 16, 2006 10:17am CST
seen a discussion on tv stating that you may sign up with ohip card and your drivers lic, was wondering where I would have to go to inquire about it, of course my luck I missed the email address. can anyone help me
2 responses
@ossie16d (11827)
• Australia
16 Oct 06
I have put down my name to be an organ donor and here in Australia you can do that with your driver's licence. Also both my husband and son know my wishes - in fact we all want to become organ donors. However the chances of them being able to use any of my organs are fast diminishing due to my age but still if it helps one person live that little bit longer when I no longer need my organs, than it will be a good thing. :)
• Canada
16 Oct 06
also as we get older , we sometimes need medication, such as blood pressure,cholestrol etc. taking these, we would not be able to donate our organs, unfortunately. thanks for your response. Theresa
• United States
17 Oct 06
my husband did the organ donation thing on his driver's lic. He did it at the driver's lic office. hope that helps