Are you for or against "Embryonic Stem Cell Research"

Should scientists seeking to cure human diseases be permitted to use stem cells from human embryos in their research? Proponents of embryonic stem cell research emphasize that it may help in finding cures for diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, heart disease, Lou Gehrig’s disease, and other devastating disabilities and illnesses. How do you feel about this? Are you for or against it?
@Willowlady (10666)
As long as it woud not harm a living and breathing creature then it would be good research. Then again as long as the results were available to everyone and not just the rich then it would be a good thing. New and improved is not necessarily a good thing. These problems need to be addressed and the research on the end of the problem is not as valuable as fixing the problem at the beginning or just before.
@Thoroughrob (11750)
I am for it but only for the reasons listed above. I think it should be done under great and close supervision. It needs to be kept out of the hands of people who would use it for other means.
@suspenseful (40316)
I am against it. Why not use adult stem cells or blood cord cells that are more effective? I do have pre diabetes, and my husband probably has als, and in our family there is a history of heart condition, strokes, and other conditions. But I also gave a baby up for adoption, got infertile in my late 20s as a result of my bad behavior and obviously it would assume that I would be all for it. But since I am an adoptive mother (our sons are grown now) I feel sympathy for those couples who will no longer be able to adopt because of the pressure for this type of research and I would not want to be one of those elderly or ill patients or explain to my grandchild that the reason I no longer have diabetes or the reason my husband no longer has als is because a little baby was not allowed to be born. I could not live with myself, and besides it is wrong. Why kill a future being to enhance a life for only a few more years?