Recurrent Nose Bleeds, Doctor Isn't Any Help!

@wsue1023 (1396)
United States
March 18, 2007 10:52pm CST
For the last couple of years I've had on again off again bouts with recurrent nose bleeds. Always on the right side and they are gushers! Most of the blood goes down my throat and bleeds long enough to make my throat sore. My general practitioner isn't taking this seriously and I wonder what type of doctor I should see? Has anyone else had problems like this? I suspect I need to have a vessel cartarized. Something isn't right.
1 person likes this
2 responses
@howard96h (11658)
• New York, New York
19 Mar 07
I would go to an ENT (Ear Nose and Throat) Specialist. This is their area of specialty. Good luck.
@mfpsassy (2827)
• United States
19 Mar 07
I use to get gusher nose bleeds if it got hotter than 80 degrees outside, when I was 15 the doctor finally cartarized both nostrils and wala I can now get hit in the nose and still not have a nose bleed. Hurts like heck though