How to Get Your Employer to Pay for Your College Degree - Part 1

@infohome (1222)
March 24, 2007 7:40am CST
It is not a secret that getting college degree requires some financial investments. The problem is where do we get the money. Well, there could be several ways out. You can get a scholarship or you take a loan, then work a lot a hopefully in a several years you will pay it back. You can also get a well-paid job and work for 12 hours a day, but it is going to be hard to combine it with your studying. What is the best way then? Lot of employers offer tuition aid programs that allow employees to study, get their degree and work at the same time. Did you know that? Are you not as skilled as your co-workers because you don’t have a college degree? Or may be you apply for and fail to get promotions because all you have is a high school diploma? Do you have an undergraduate degree, but you’d like to go back and get your graduate degree? That’s an expensive proposition. If you are working, you should take a look at the options offered to you by your employer. If your employer does not offer a tuition aid plan, and you really want to get that degree, it might be a good time to look for another employer. It is very important to look for prospects. While taking interview for a new job, be sure you ask about tuition aid and understand what is offered to you and find out about the procedure for receiving this aid. It is not a secret that most of the time, your employer will require that the degree for which you will study must apply to a position in the company, so that they are paying your way out of the company and into a job with another firm. If that is the case, find out what courses you will need to take to study for and get a degree in an area that will advance your position with your employer. Be sure that this degree fits with what you want to do with your career over the next 5-10 years. As a circumstance for your tuition aid, your employer may also want that you sign a paper to agree to stay with their firm for a certain number of years after you get your college degree and education. This is a common process. That way, they make sure that they get their money’s worth from the tuition aid. Be sure you can handle that obligation before you sign the paper. Jennifer Burns is a staff academic writer at, custom writing. Jennifer provides writing help and support to students who order custom term papers and custom essay.
No responses