Family members with alcohol and or drug problems

United States
March 25, 2007 8:44pm CST
Well I have a brother with alcohol and a drug problem. He has three beautiful girls he see one every week and maybe his other two girls he might see them once a month maybe not even then. I want him to stop because his girls need him. I don't want to lose him from drugs or alcohol. He does get violent and no one can stop him. I don't know what to do or say. Because you can't tell him that he has a problem cause he gets more upset. What do you think I should do or say? Do you know any one with those problems? Do they get violent? How do you get through it? Do you want to get help for them?
1 person likes this
1 response
@judyt00 (3504)
• Canada
26 Mar 07
The best thing you can do for him is when he gets violent call the police and have him thrown in jail. Sadly, people like him don't think they have a problem until they reach rock bottom.Perhaps a judge can make him see that he needs help because he won't listen to you, only expect you to support him. My daughter is engaged to a man like this, and she won't listen when we tell her that he is going to hurt someone and it might be her kids. At leaast your neices don't have to live with his violence. See that as a blessing.