Have you ever wondered why at all you are here on this earth ?

@yasaran (788)
I have wondered many a times. Why am I here on this small planet doing what I am doing right now? It is said that our earth is only a minute point when compared with our galaxy and very infitesimally small in comparison to our universe. Why is that so many living organisms with individual thinking capacity, co-exist on this small planet. We have necessities like hunger, sleep, etc. We have emotions such as desires, anger, passion. We co-exist as a society and do each other both help and harm. But I always wonder why all this?
@willfe (149)
Nobody ever sat me down and told me exactly why I'm here (not the literal "how you got here" speech but the more philosophical "why you exist" one), neither human nor deity, so I'm left to figure out my meaning on my own. I'm here to make someone's life better, to bring a smile to someone's face, to make someone feel loved and wanted. If all I ever do is touch just *one* life in a positive way, then I've added to the sum of what humanity has produced rather than subtracting from it. It sounds mushy, sure, but that's how it feels in my beady little brain. All the geeky stuff I do on the side is just a means to an end. I'm just taking care of myself until the right person comes along that I can take care of :)
@yasaran (788)
I agree to the views expressed by you. We derive happiness (some of us) in helping others who are less fortunate. we have a good friend circle and many times are happy with the relationships we have. All these comes because we exist or think that we exist. Making our life livelier while staying on earth is a good thought, but thinking one step ahead , I ask myself Why at things are as it is now. with the count of humans at 6.5 billion, and likewise animals in each species, each having their own brain,..... hunting, eating & sleeping .... and ageing to die at one fine day, the cycle of life going and going.. Where this will all end?