What is the best tip for saving money?

saving money - Im planning to save money for this year 2007.
I have tried to change in a jar thing but im stubborn, so wait until builds up and use it. This is my 3rd try last year but I do plan to make it last at least all of 2007 and see how much I can save. Do you have any ideas?
@venshida (4837)
I usually have a certain percentage direct deposit to my savings account. When I get a raise at work. I usually save that amount. I figure since I lived without that money prior I can still do with out it. I usually save my change in a jar for Christmas. I unfortunately last year had financial problems so I had to cash it out for food.
I can't save too much as my daughter is a spend rift. I try to save on sales. I use many coupons for items i need. I use less paper towels.. I also buy as much clothing on clearance as possible. Shopping at old navy outlet can be great for saving. I put any extra money I have in a money order. I hold it for months till I need it. This has helped me a lot.
@prasad1961 (5603)
Invest it in secured way! So that you may get appreciation for the savings you made! As per economic theory Investment also part of savings.