operations???

have you gone any operations in your body? what illness you had? and how did you cope the operation? did your wounds heal so fast? kindly share us your experience!!!
I only had one operation in my life and this was as a child . They operated on my adnoys ( not sure how to spell these words ) and my pallups at the same time . I was really sick afterwards but do believe I recoverd in normal amount of time . I remember being really sick while my sister ran around the hospital after being operated on also . I was throwing up blood and felt miserable . But our mom was with us and I remember her being with me the whole time and that made me feel better .
@towongfoo27 (2989)
Hi krislouiebaby, I had my tonsils and adnoids removed when I was 9 years old. It was very scary to go to the hospital at that age. The morning of the operation, I got a shot in the butt, I think it was to help me fall asleep. Next thing I know, I am being wheeled on a gurney to the operating room. The doctor asked me what kind of gas do I want. My choices were chocolate, vanilla, or strawberry. After I answered strawberry, I remember the mask going over my face. That was the last thing I remember. Then I woke up crying because I was disoriented and in an even more unfamiliar place afterwards. I was crying till Brother Rob (from a Baptist Church) came and sat with me for a few hours. A nurse even got mad at me because I had trouble not swallowing to harshly. She was worried I would break the stitches in my newly stitched throat. She even smacked me on the back of my head because of my swallowing the blood after the surgery. I told on her and I got a new nurse. Then I get ice-cream. Waking up after surgery is not a favorite activity of mine, for you are disoriented and distraught. The patient is also around complete strangers and this doesn't help to relax him or her. Nice nurses are a plus, too, at least the ones that don't smack you on the back of your head. Dr. Granoff was a sweetie, though, the actual throat doctor that clipped my tonsils and adnoids. If I saw him today I would say thank you and flash a big smile.