Is it a scam?

@ljcapps (1926)
United States
March 31, 2007 3:41am CST
Hey everybody I got this e-mail a few days ago and I am trying to decide whether of not it is a scam. Hello! I am Bob Sinclair. I am the Managing Director of Textiles Spinning Works Ltd, a company based in Ghana Africa. Our company deals in African Prints, textile, and fabrics. We have operations located in one other West African country. We also have clients in parts of Europe, North America and Asia. We always ship products to our clients first and then they send payment afterwards. Online sale of our products and online payment is not possible either because paypal and credit cards processing, etc don't exist in this region as of now. Furthermore processing cheque and wire transfer payments form foreign countries takes too long a time here and this affects our cash inflow negatively. As an individual person, Would you like to act as our receiver agent in your country on a part-time basis. I assure you there is no stress involved here and you can earn extra cash on the side. As our agent all you have to do is receive payments on our behalf from our clients within your country and send cash to us. This method cuts the time we receive payment and saves us a lot of money. Please note; you are not paying for anything here and no one is asking you for any money nor banking information. We only require your honesty and reliability. Also you must be currently employed. You shall receive payments (usually cheques) via secure mail. For rendering this valuable service you get to keep 10% of any payment you receive on our behalf. The rest of the money (90%), you shall send to us as cash following the payment instructions set by us. Whenever there is payment to be made by any client we can send your name as our agent. You will be notified when the payment arrives via mail so you will be available to receive it and await further instructions on sending our share of the money. Average weekly payments is up to 5 thousand dollars. If you are interested in this deal, Send me your full names, and private mobile phone number. DO NOT "REPLY" TO THIS EMAIL, Send your response to this email address only: ( spin@vips.la ) Thank you for your time. Regards, Bob Sinclair so what do you think? Should my wife and I try or not. My big question is why does someone who is doing this have to be employed?
1 person likes this
3 responses
@dfinster (3535)
• United States
9 Apr 07
DO NOT respond or get involved with this email. I've gotten almot the same exact email like 7 or 8 times in the last month or so. The only difference between my email and yours is that my so-called "company" sells fine asian silks or something like that. Another one is from a woman "supposedly" from the U.K. selling something else. No matter where a business is in the world, even if they don't have access to Paypal, they have access to other forms of online payments. Like 2 weeks ago I watched a whole 2 part program on dateline. It showed exactly how these internet scams work. Please do not take part in any of this stuff. People have lost tens of thousands of dollars to these types of scams.
1 person likes this
• Serbia And Montenegro
31 Mar 07
Of course it's a scam. Just don't fall into the trap! Just delete and ignore that email. First, to prove that it is a scam is, it doesn't allow you to reply to that email add, which means it's automated, and you are not the only one receiving that!
1 person likes this
@Ms_Lis (35)
• Canada
10 Apr 07
It is a scam