Scared to hold other people's babies!

@muscare (3069)
Australia
This is so silly, but I have such a hard time holding babies, because I worry that I will drop them! I never dropped my son when he was a baby, and on the rare occaision that I held other babies, I never dropped them either, but knowing that doesn't seem to help. I'm not clumsy by nature, but think that once I get a baby in my hands, I'm going to turn into a bumbling dope. Wonder if this is some weird phobia.
@mememama (3077)
I think that's a common fear. I've got a child of my own, but my friend brought her newborn by my house awhile ago. He was so little and fragile, I felt like his neck was going to snap. Maybe it's because when children get older we see how unbreakable they are and it's hard to remember a time when you supported their necks!
@muscare (3069)
Yeah,thanks, I think you're right. They are so small a seem so fragile,and I guess that new mothers are always so quick to tell you to support their head,watch this, look out for that, in the end it's like 'Ahhh, I don't want to touch them'.