Have you experienced travelling by plane with a baby?

I was invited my my mother-in-law to visit my husband who is working abroad. We are taking my 5-month old baby with me and I'm worried that there may be some precautions/pointers that I need to know about traveling with a baby by plane. The plane ride would only take 4 hours but I need to know what preparations I have to do, what things I have to and am allowed to bring, etc. Please, advise. Thanks.
@777330975 (332)
• Sri Lanka
Well, I had to travel when my son was only 2 1/2 months. We had to book a basinet from the airline and get our seats reserved next to the basinet area. During the take off and landing baby has to be kept in the basinet. It better if you cover the ears of the baby during those times as the air pressure fluctuates drastically i.e. to bring minimum discomfort to the child. You have to ask the airline for things that you will be allowed take in. Otherwise once when you get to the airport and if certain things are not allowed to be carried, you will face difficulties in travelling. Good luck Do post and tell us about your experience