my mother-in-law give me a difficult problem ,what can i do?

@mari123 (1862)
April 16, 2007 5:21am CST
i want to buy a house to marry with my girl friend,but now my mother-in-law doesn't allow me to marry her unless i can use my girl friend'name to register the new house.what can i do, who can tell me how?
1 response
• United States
16 Apr 07
If you are going to both be married and contributing to the purchase, upkeep, and will bear the future financial expenses of running a home both your names should be on the deed. Also the home is considered a marital asset in a divorce proceding the court will see it that way ,and split all marital assests 50/50 in a divorce settlement. Do the right thing and treat each others contributions both financial and other equally. It will strengthen your bond. Not doing so will strain it.