Heart Health On The Links

@kathy77 (7488)
Australia
Golf might seem like a slow, pastel-colored pursuit, but it can be heart-healthy if you forgo the cart. Finnish researchers recently concluded that walking an 18-hole course provides benefits comparable to those derived from other forms of regular, low to moderate intensity exercise. Golfers that averaged 2.5 games per week walked about 4.6 miles per game and enjoyed modest, though statistically significant, improvements in their aerobic endurance and HDL (good) cholesterol levels. They also lost about three pounds.
@byfaithonly (10716)
I've never been really big on golfing but most of my family does so often they haul me out with them. There is no doubt at all it's good excercise - I know I've come home wore out many times. Fresh air is another advantage gained by golfing.
@kathy77 (7488)
Yes well it is great to be out in the fresh air and I do love to play golf although I have not played for many years.