Plz answer yes or no, Have you ever heard of RSD/CRPS?

United States
June 18, 2007 2:41pm CST
I really want to get an idea of how many people in the general public know about RSD/CRPS. So please reply, even if it's w/ a simple yes or no. In short RSD/CRPS is a health issue. It's a nerve disorder, causing chronic pain and is ranked number 1 on the pain list, even above cancer & child labor. Most people learn about RSD once they have been diagnosed w/it. Thanks in advance to all who reply and please do reply. This is only for my personal knowledge, I'm not here to advertise or target anyone for anything. Again thanks for your time and participation. Hope you are all having an awesome day!!!
2 people like this
4 responses
@RosieS57 (889)
• United States
18 Jun 07
Yes, I have. I know people with RSD. One fellow I know has an intrathecal pump that he now gets Ketamine in. Prialt didn't work in his pump. If you want to have discussions, I do know quite a bit about it. FM is a neurological condition, too....but convincing people who only know the old info about it is really difficult here.
3 people like this
• United States
19 Jun 07
Hi Rosie, I'd love to have discussions about it & with you. And FM, yes another nerve disorder. I'm oh so happy about modern medicine & research, they have learned a lot over the years. Though I wish they had more money for all of them, to find a cure or treatment that causes true remission.
2 people like this
@pendragon (3350)
• United States
18 Jun 07
No, I havent heard of it before.
3 people like this
• United States
18 Jun 07
TY for replying, I really appreciate it.
• United States
26 Jun 07
It's a terrible disease that destroys lives and causes intense suffering. Did you know that Paula has it (American Idol)? How can we lobby Congress to provide funds for research?
• United States
29 Jun 07
Hello and thank you for asking about research for RSD. I can refer you to http://www.rsdhope.org/ as they have many resources for research and funding. In addition to being an informative site on the disorder. Yes, I am aware that Paula Abdul was diagnosed with RSD. I wish she would discuss her treatments more, as I believe some of the meds she is on, explain some of the 'questionable' behavior Paula is frequently ridiculed for. At the same time, I understand her reasons for not wanting to publicize being on medication or the effects this nerve disorder has had on her life.
2 people like this
@kaytee717 (188)
• United States
24 Jun 08
My boyfriend has RSD... its horrible