what is the right age to sent your kids to pre-school?

Philippines
July 19, 2007 1:00am CST
what is the right age to sent kids to a pre-school?do kids really need it?they say as early as 2 yrs old you can sent kids to pre-school,what do you think?
2 people like this
6 responses
@surveygrrl (1270)
• United States
4 Sep 07
My son will be 4 the end of the year and he just started. I am a complete mess though. He was really excited. I am counting down the minutes to go meet him. He seems really ready. I stay home with him so I know he needs more socialization, especially with other kids. I guess it really depends on the child and if they are ready or not.
• United States
17 Aug 07
Most schools won't take them until they're 3, sometimes they won't even take them early. There's a reason why its not a requirement. They're not getting a 'headstart' when they have to know the same things they'll be learning before they even go in. It just helps socialize them which is important but you're probably doing that on your own already when taking them out.
@jfeets726 (775)
• United States
22 Jul 07
Where I live, you have to be either three or four years old to attend preschool. My daughter is three years old right now. We are trying to determine if we should send her to preschool this year. Her birthday falls right after the cutoff date for school, so she could go to preschool for two years before having to start elementary school.
@carissa765 (1097)
• United States
19 Jul 07
I started sending my children to what they call early head start. It is just a program to refine their gross and fine motor skills. I didn't send my kids neither one of them to a "pre-school" per say but rather a refinery program. My children are now in kiindergarten and first grade and they are excelling. I think that the pre-school gig is just a bigger sounding word for daycare... lol. I don't think they need it unless you really need a daycare type of program. Good luck and I hope everything works out for you.
• Philippines
22 Jul 07
based from my experience, i sent my daughter to pre-school at the age of 3 and a half. and before i sent her to school, she already knows the alphabet and a bit of how to write. i've spent time teaching her those things. and let her scribble at home on paper with crayons or pencil. we even have a blackboard so she'll have an idea of school at an early age. 2 yrs so early, the child would be lazy in time if the start early in school. 3 or 4 yrs old is the ideal age.
@jcj_111776 (3216)
• Philippines
21 Jul 07
In my country, 3 yrs old is the right age for the Nursery Level. I will never regret the decision that we made to send him to preschool. He absolutely loves going to school! Instead of being 24/7 here at home, with no other kids around, he gets to have fun but at the same time, he's learning a lot too. I think sending our kids to preschool has its great advantages too. For us, because my son is language-delayed, my husband and I thought having kids around him for 3 hours for 5 days, can help improve his social skills. And maybe having kids around him at regular periods will finally help him talk much more.