What is the easiest and most powerful programming language at the same time?

Germany
September 11, 2007 2:08pm CST
I´ve tested some programming languages and i know that C or Assembler would be the most powerful, but they are also sometimes very difficult to learn. On the other side there is Basic, which is simple but maybe lacking performance, even if there are some good compilers like www.freebasic.net around. So what would you prefer, a more simple or a more performant programming language?
1 response
@edigital (2709)
• United States
11 Sep 07
I learned C and it is great program for database quick and accurate. But too hard. From C another program language known as dBASE III+ or dBASEIV is nice and wonderful for database. Visual FoxPro also like C or dBASE more attractive for windows base PC. I do not know much about visual FoxPro but know DOS base foxPro 2.6 programme. It also run in Windows XP. I am doing programming with dBASE III+ from 1989 and now efficient. I can write any type of database programme in dBASE or Foxpro 2.6. dBASE programme is too powerful but can be accommodated in a floppy disk say only below 1.0MB space needed to carry this great program.
• Germany
11 Sep 07
Yes for sure. Database programs can really be number crunchers. But i like to find a more general programming language that fits everyday needs. Generally scripting languages are very simple to use, but lack the power of real compiled languages.