Knick Knack Paddy Whack

@webeishere (36313)
United States
January 9, 2008 2:35pm CST
Okay this discussion has nothing to do with that old tyme nursery rhyme. Well I even spelled time the old fashioned way. This is about my wifes corner knick knack unit in the livi9ng room. It is loaded with many small items that all have a special meaning to her. Some are from me & some from the children when they were little. Mostly as gifts at one time or another for her. I am looking to get another corner unit like this for her other knick knacks she has that sit in the entertainment center and not really on display. the reason I started this discussion is because I started to do some "light" dusting and said this would be a nice discussion. Do you have a corner unit for your knick knacks? Do you have them on display in the kitchen or dining room as well? What are your favorite knick knacks that you have? HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
6 people like this
9 responses
@CatsandDogs (13963)
• United States
9 Jan 08
Yup I sure do! It's in my hallway and one can see it as they come in the front door. My favorite? Oh gosh, that's a hard one for I have a few. One is a really small dainty gal holding flowers in her hand. A Greek girlfriend gave that to me when I had surgery. For her to take the time out of her busy schedule and get that for me and bring it to me at the hospital meant the world to me. That was 26 years ago. The other thing I have on my favorites list is a ceramic cow which belonged to my great great grandmother which she used to hold milk for coffee. It still has the original bell on it. Another would be my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary tea pot and my parents 50th wedding anniversary cake dolls. And last but not least is the ball to my german shepherd that was stolen from me. She loved her glow ball and wanted to play all the time. She was barely a year and a half old when she was taken along with our other dog which was 9 months old, a female black lab, their names were Sissy and Candy. They've been missing since 11-17-06 but I'm not giving up hope because Sissy has a microchip however Candy doesn't but we were working on it. So there you have it!
1 person likes this
@webeishere (36313)
• United States
9 Jan 08
African Art - Made with real hair from a lion.
Cool sounding. I have a lot of items from friends all over the world on the walls and shelves etc. Some are from Egypt, South Africa, Turkey, Amsterdam, and other places. I love all my oddities. This is from a fmaily firnd in Africa. It is made with real lions hair also. Pretty cool I think. It's about the size of my hand hanging in my office. Hope you find the dogs soon also. HAOPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB!!~
1 person likes this
@CatsandDogs (13963)
• United States
9 Jan 08
Thanks but I doubt I'll ever see them again especially Candy. Someone has some GREAT dogs and I pray that they're well cared for and well loved and not stuck on some darned chain and left there. That art work is really pretty! And it's in the shape of Africa too, how cool is that?
1 person likes this
@lilaclady (28207)
• Australia
9 Jan 08
I love things like this, I remember when I was a little girl both my sister and I had a little what was called in those days a shadow box, we had one each and as I can remember we mainly had little glas figurines on them.
@webeishere (36313)
• United States
9 Jan 08
Egg & Fu=igurines - More itmes on display
I love shadow boxes. they are still around all over the place too. Here's the ceramic egg that is on display in this also. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB!!~
1 person likes this
@lilaclady (28207)
• Australia
9 Jan 08
Oh thats lovely...
1 person likes this
@dfinster (3528)
• United States
10 Jan 08
I have a corner curio cabinet for my knickknacks. Actually only my angels are in there, they're my favorite. I also have a bunch on our entertainment center. It's set up to display things too.
1 person likes this
@blackbriar (9076)
• United States
10 Jan 08
I'm not into any kind of knick knacks. Less is better for me. I don't like cleaning as it is, let alone having to dust/wash all the lil knick knacks that I consider useless.
1 person likes this
@squaretile (3778)
• Singapore
10 Jan 08
yes i think almost everyone has these unless they have decided to go totally minimalist. i have a row of precious moments figurines that are ceramic i think. some were gifts and others were bought. i used to really like precious moments stuff but now i seem to have outgrown it. i used to make cross stitches of these precious moments pictures too. they are displayed on my piano. which reminds, me they are long overdue for a dusting. ;P
1 person likes this
@peanutjar (5198)
• Canada
10 Jan 08
Antique Knick Knacks - old set of cream& sugar set
Hi grandpa bob!:)I love those litle corner shelves but i do not have one,i have a big antique china cabinet that i put antique dishes in and it has 2 side bars,one one each end of the china cabinet that i put some knick knacks in like antique dishes,spoons,crystal,serving plates,etc.My favorite knick nack is an antuque cream&milk set that my grand-mother had passed down to me with some other things many,many years ago,this is a picture of it.I think i would croak if anything would ever happen to it!LOL:{I love collecting antique things.I have things on display throughout my home,especially in the kitchen with antique wooden bowls,plates on the wall,etc.I love my knick knacks!! Peanutjar:)
1 person likes this
@webeishere (36313)
• United States
10 Jan 08
Pass them on to your grandkids in the future. Thanks for sharing. I've so many little things that are tresured. Most are from my mom as well. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@twoey68 (13627)
• United States
26 Apr 08
I have alot of them but only a few are out. My more special ones are packed away to keep the cat from breaking them. I don't have a china cabinet although I really want one and am saving up for one. My most precious ones are the ones that my Mom gave me...little animals. **AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~
• United States
21 Jan 08
i have a whole collection of white porcelain cats i'd gotten from my grandmother. all of them white cats,she collected nothing else. she had a thing for them for some reason. i've been meaning to get a cabinet for them,as mine are already full with my collections.she had so many!
• United States
11 Jan 08
I have lots of knick knacks all around the house. I mostly have teapots. LOL I need more shelves put up for my teapots. Oh well maybe next month I can afford it.