Who Is Your Favorite Current Basketball Player and Why?

United States
January 21, 2008 9:29am CST
Seeing as how I am a laker fan, my current favorite player is Andrew Bynum. I know I will get flack for it, seeing as how he is not a superstar and is currently injured. Yet the reasons why I personally am fond of him, is his transformation over the years. He has grown from being a player that was thrown around and inconsistent, to the stellar player we have seen of late. The man has long arm and I love to watch him use them when throwin down slams, or when blocking a shot. He just so much potential in his game, that its fun to watch him grow. Who is your favorite player?
1 person likes this
14 responses
• United States
22 Jan 08
This going to sound a little strange but I don't like basketball but I do like A.I.I watch ESPN so I know the stars of basketball and I like A.I.'s work ethic even though he doesn't like "Practice".I like his attitude too.
1 person likes this
• United States
22 Jan 08
Thank you. I loved the practice rant. It was classic. And I love tattoos. The only thing I don't like is basketball.I told you this was strange.
1 person likes this
• United States
22 Jan 08
There is no smaller player in the nba that is as tuff as A.I. Hes like a soldier getting hit, knocked down, and still scoring like a mad man. You can speak bad about his "Practice" rant or speak ill about his tatoo's but one thing no one can deny, is his unrelenting determination.
1 person likes this
• United States
22 Jan 08
I also meant to say, nice pick. :)
1 person likes this
@zhwbeast (326)
• China
22 Jan 08
the most one I love is Yao ming because he is the super star of my country.And I am proud with him. There maybe comes more people such as Yi Jianlian in not long future.And I hope there will be more and more chinese who plays basketball in the NBA.
1 person likes this
• United States
22 Jan 08
Yao has improved greatly since first entering the league. Hes top 3 in the nba, in my book.
@kianli (546)
• China
22 Jan 08
Though i'm a Chinese my favorite player is Kelvin Garnett but not Yao. Frankly speaking, he's a awesome player who can not only attack to the rim but he can also back off and knock down shots. I'm fond of him not only because of his amazing basketball skill but also his spirit, he's the player from whose eyes you can see desire to win. BTW, Yi is a little bit similar to Kelvin's style though he's still lack of strength or something like that. Kelvin MVP this season!
1 person likes this
• United States
22 Jan 08
I dont believe their is a player in the nba, that plays with more passion than KG. He is what makes the C's a contender. And by that, I dont mean to take away from Allen or Pierce.. but KG's monster personality, makes the team gel.
• Greece
22 Jan 08
my favorite current basketball player is spanoulis because he is a very talent playmaker with good percentages for 1point freeshot,2 points shot and 3 points shot! he is just perfect!
• United States
25 Jan 08
White Chocolate was very fun to watch back when he was with the kings. But now I think his knees are gone and his age is also a factor. Not much of player now, but damn sure use to be...
• China
22 Jan 08
jason williams, I don't know why. His skill is perfect!~
@petebaja (516)
• Mexico
22 Jan 08
I agree with you Bynum has skyrocketed to the consciousness of NBA fans of late. After the bashing he took from Kobe last year, it's good to see him shine. He is an all-star caliber player now and will be even more dominant with age and experience. He will follow the Laker tradition of big men - Chamberlin, Jabbar, Shaq, etc. A year ago, I was like Kobe, I didn't think Bynum had much potential. It's amazing how these scouts can predict someone's future talent. And what's more amazing is how Jabbar has molded this kid into a superstar. To answer your question, my favorite current player is KOBE. He can handle the ball, he can create his own shots, he can post up, can run and finish a fastbreak, can be set up for a shot, offensively complete - inside, outside, jumpers, fade aways, dunks and 3 pointers, plus he is a monster on defense. Lots of NBA stars can score and dunk but can they play defense? Kobe can do it all. He gets my vote for fave current NBA player. And now that he's maturing and learning to be a team player - watch out league!!!!!!
• United States
22 Jan 08
...Kobe for MVP...
• China
22 Jan 08
yaoming coming from China~
1 person likes this
• Philippines
22 Jan 08
some people wonder how late kobe matured and learned to be a team player, as we all know that he always like to steal the limelight... But whatever... it's better late than never...
• United States
22 Jan 08
Seein that i'm a huston Fan my Favorite player is Tracy McGrady because he is everything i want to be, he have a jump shoot, and he ca dunk,and he got the shoes,and he have the clothes,and he play in the NBA
• United States
22 Jan 08
Its too bad that T-Mac cant stay healthy, he certainly has the talent to elevate a team...
• China
23 Jan 08
You see! In fact that The MM combination not yet exist at all.Tracy McGrady always absent the games he can't dunk, he can't jump hitherto...Huston Rocket need him.When can he say:"I come back now!" We are expecting...
@raijin (10345)
• Philippines
22 Jan 08
As for an individual player, I guess my favorite right now would be Dwight Howard. I like playing defense, Dwight is a high-leaper and a monster shot blocker that I wished I was!LoL Honestly, I believe he's one of the dominant centers that NBA will have after Shaq. Andrew Bynum is also a good choice, but I wouldn't compare him against Dwight Howard. But as for team, my favorite would Detroit Pistons. Since they are a great defensive team, they also love to play TEAM game.
• United States
22 Jan 08
Howard has become the man this season... particularly at the start of this season. Hes trailed off a bit in the scoring department, but his defence is still solid. I dont think any center in the nba is as versatile and as agile as Dwight. I love to watch him play, just bouncing around everywhere, very active. AND hes still young, just entered a couple years back.. so I cannot wait to see how good he will ultimately become.
1 person likes this
@kebkeb (119)
• Philippines
23 Jan 08
I'd idolized so many basketball players. In the NBA or even in international games. Shawn Marion - because of his athletisism. Im amazed with his leaping ability and his rebounding skills. Steve Nash - I've played so many tournaments here and my position is always the point guard. I picked steve nash as my favorite point guard of all. Im amazed with his passing skills and I hope that I can do that too. Lebron James - during clutch plays, he is the go to guy. and also his ability to amaze the crowd with his dunks. Dwyane Wade - His slashing ability. he is really The Flash. Splitting the double team just like tearing a paper on the middle. Peja Stojakovic - Maybe, for me, the greatest shooter of this generation. I've watched so many games of his and Im already using his shooting form. its hard at first but by using his shooting form, you can burn the net! Amare Stoudemire - its just power. he wows the crowd with his own variety of power dunks. Tracy Mcgrady - one of the all time leading scorers of the game. I also consider him as one of the greatest shooters, but if he is in the groove. Ben Gordon - the unsung hero. He can be the top scorers in the league. As young as he is right now, he can emerge as one of the best. Dwight Howard - This season, he had overshadowed Shaquille Oneal and thats the reson why i picked him as the starting center of the Eastern All Stars. Like Amare, im also amazed with his power moves but i hope that he can develop his medium range shots. Carmelo Anthony - his own move while shooting the ball from mid range. Gianluca Basile - Man! this guy, as far as I can remember, played in the 2004 Olympics(not sure). He played for the Italian National Team but one play about him, he decided to pull up from the left elbow and buried the shot from the 3pt. line with 3 defenders shadowing him at the same time. Boris Diaw - This guy really improved his ability as a basketball player. An all around player. ... Stombergas - this guy played for Lithuania in the 2004 Olympics as their team captain. I forgot his first name but this guy is funny. Every game, he always gets fouled out. hahahaha!!!
@Kenorv (343)
• United States
21 Jan 08
I'm a Celtics fan so right now Paul Pierce is my favorite player. What a lot of people don't know or don't remember about Pierce is that he was stabbed several times after his rookie season if I remember correctly. It's amazing that he even survived. But he came back and has been one of the best players in the league. What I like about him is his fearlesness going to the basket. He's not afraid of contact. It seems that guys like Kobe and Wade and Lebron and Iverson get all the attention as great scorers, guys that can drive to the basket easily but I think that Pierce is just as good. He just never got the attention even when Boston was getting to the conference finals. Now that Boston is great again, Pierce is finally getting some attention but it still doesn't seem like he's getting as much attention as Kevin Garnett.
• United States
22 Jan 08
I had forgotten about the stabbing occurance. Im glad he was able to bounce back from that. Considering that basketball is such an impact sport. Its nice to see Pierce finally getting out of the gutter. Finally, he has received some basketball help. Being in a gutter team, made all forget what a franchise player he is.
• Philippines
21 Jan 08
My favorite teams are detroit pistons and portland trailblazers, because of doing a fine job winning games and their team effort. but, i don't have any favorite players from either team. My favorite NBA player today is Dirk Nowitzki, simply because of his shooting touch, his skill play, and the fact that he is playing not as a 7 footer. he has a shooting percentage as a center but he does it by taking jump shots and perimeter jumpers. not as inside shots, that centers mostly do. this season, his assists numbers gone up, which makes him a team player, not as a gunner, or Dallas' main scorer (but still, he is dallas' main scorer)
• United States
22 Jan 08
Ive never seen a big man shoot and drive as smoothly as Dirk does.
• United States
21 Jan 08
I would have to say that my favorite basketball player is Wayne ellington. This is why, he has THE nastiest jump shot i have seen in a long time. Also he is clutch, whenever my team is down he always seems to have an answer; (minus maryland). But overall he is my favorite, because of how much he contributes
• United States
22 Jan 08
I wonder if hell go high on the draft.
22 Jan 08
of cours kobe . if you ask me why i will say he is a super-man ~~#
• United States
25 Jan 08
On the court supeman, he is!
22 Jan 08
of cours kobe . if you ask me why i will say he is a super-man ~~#
• United States
25 Jan 08
On the court supeman, he is!
• Indonesia
30 Jan 08
Ray Allen is my favourite player. A tight defensive player and a sharp shooter.