Dinner Impossible Cancelled

@sedel1027 (17846)
Cupertino, California
March 1, 2008 8:00pm CST
Robert Irvine, host of "Dinner: Impossible," has been dropped from Food Networks host list and the show has been canceled. Food Network will run the remainder of this season. Apparently Irvine lied on his resume and this was discovered in a newspaper investigation. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,334348,00.html
3 responses
@dreamy1 (3811)
• United States
2 Mar 08
Just goes to show you that honesty is always the best policy because in the end lies will come back and bite you in the butt.
@sedel1027 (17846)
• Cupertino, California
2 Mar 08
Apparently, he told FoodTV the truth after he was hired, he was fired because he said in live on the aid which prompted the investigation.
@dreamy1 (3811)
• United States
2 Mar 08
I was just reading the other link and boy he sounded like a real pathological liar! http://www.sptimes.com/2008/02/17/Southpinellas/TV_chef_spiced_up_his.shtml
@coffeebreak (17798)
• United States
3 Mar 08
But why didn't FoodNetwork check his resume before they hired him? Just goes to show a resume isn't always the best way to base ability. Obviously he was hired only on what his resume said, not his ability or it wouldn't have really mattered.This just means that if his cooking for Diana had not been on his resume he wouldn't have been hired? EMployers basing ability on a Resume only is a sore subject with me!
@coffeebreak (17798)
• United States
2 Mar 08
Interesting. I like that show. I didn't like how mean and mouthy they all get sometimes, but guess that's life. But it was intesresting how he got it done so fast, although I do have to wonder how much was done prior to "start" time as some times i just seems to much for the time he had as he had to rely on others to bring to him what he needed and you can' always count to the minute on others.
@sedel1027 (17846)
• Cupertino, California
2 Mar 08
According to the article, everything he did on the show was how it actually happened. So that part seems to be the truth, he just lied on his resume.
@coffeebreak (17798)
• United States
2 Mar 08
Yeah, like that's never happened before! Seems to me if he was bringing in the ratings and viewers...so what?
• United States
12 Nov 08
I know I am a little late to this discussion but... I have been wondering why they changed to Chef Michael Simon, I guess now I know. I really liked Robert Irvine better (at least he never served chocolate covered bacon, ew!). Oh Well! I guess its not about what the viewers like.