What defines beauty?

United States
March 7, 2008 9:15pm CST
Do u think that anyone is ugly, Why?
9 responses
• Philippines
14 Mar 08
Hello Nicky For me beauty comes from within. If you have a beautiful soul it will show out.
16 Mar 08
Its beautiful to see beauty in all different ways there is good in everyone, its narrow minded poeple who choose not to find whats inside a person and its he who cannot look further then someone's looks...that person to me is ugly!!
@Modestah (11179)
• United States
11 Mar 08
some people are ugly, but it is not their physical countenance that makes them so, but rather their hateful persona. the most homely people will appear resplendent of beauty when their heartistic beauty shines forth and the most attractive of person will suddenly appear hideous if their interior ugliness is great.
• Philippines
14 Mar 08
the best answer i have read...it totally, matched what i had in mind... so no need for me to post everything is explain clearly, ^_^ great command of english i salute you! :)
@Gesusdid (1676)
• United States
8 Mar 08
i think their are some ugly people to me , and im sure they think im ugly too so who cares , to me beatuy is a great all around person and show no signs of fakeness
• United States
8 Mar 08
Thanks 4 responding but i dont think any1 is really ugly. i always try to search r the best in people
@nAyOhMi14 (298)
• Philippines
1 Apr 08
Beauty is not only in the face, It's also a light in the heart. No one is ugly, everyone of us has beauty but not everyone can see it.
@didi13 (2926)
• Romania
21 Jun 11
What naive thinking absurd ... cursed paradox of what makes some that claim to ease the physical beauty does not matter, and yet their brain, heart, eyes reject the ugly, an abstract notion and yet so concrete for those who manage their simplicity to define, yet so well ... what is ugly? an opinion whose cruel eyes of ordinary experience evokes comparison with previously known faces, causing revulsion or admiration, disdain or love, never indifference, emptiness because this feeling will never be seen by the human soul always willing to observe, to comment even sometimes indifferent to the significance of its analysis, the severity of spoken words in the wind without a long meditation ... it's too hard, too meaningless to thinking about thoughts sometimes when you flash to the rhythm of blood trapped in a prison of diplomacy, rebel and can sometimes forget that what some call a lack of tact others would call it honestly ... but this so-called destructive honesty to an offense is just one step ... and sometimes one step enough for achieving the end of the abyss ... and if still no matter what physical beauty attracts, entrances, fetter will?
@mantis36 (4219)
• Philippines
28 Jun 11
it depends upon the adrenalin rush that trembles you if what you see to that beauty.... the intensity of the adrenalin rush refers to how beauty he or she is?????
@SHAMRACK (8576)
• India
11 Mar 08
Dear Nicky, If I am blind even an ugly person is full of beauty if person loves me. Whereas if I am not I may find it on his face but my not in his heart. Beauty has two sides physical and internal. The importance given to other and he love and the affection and liking the other person varies and this various traits that is attract for loving a person defines his beauty.
@klaudyou (501)
9 Mar 08
Beauty is what suits your esthetic needs. We have these kind of needs since we develop our personalities, given the other needs are satisfied (biological, safety, social, etc). Beauty IS in the eye of the beholder, because we develop our own values in life, even though we develop our personalities in basically the same social and cultural background. We have a calling to what we think it's beautiful, and that comes from our intentionality, from our experience, from our behaviours, from ourSELVES.
• United States
9 Mar 08
hmm..well sometimes i can say mean things about people.."eww shes ugly" lol ! dont we all but hey thats just how we think ! god made us up of his creation. what we may think is ugly other may find beauty and what we find beauty others may find disturbing ! lol so this is a very intresting topic and its hard to answer but it all depends. thanks Brittney