What's the best program to learn 3D rendering/modeling/animation???

@Nireths (149)
United States
March 14, 2008 10:23am CST
I want to learn about 3D animation and modeling. What's the best program to do so??
1 person likes this
2 responses
@torkyn (80)
• Australia
23 Mar 08
Hey hows it going. firstly there are 3d packages such as Auto desks 3ds max and Maya and various other i am not going into because i am not that familiar with. With a 3d package the only thing you really do with it is model after you modeled it you usually use some external plug in or program to render it or animate it. but for beginners the program will cover the basics. now i use 3ds max 2008 and in terms of modeling i find it the easiest to use been trying to get vray for it but mental ray is doing the job for rendering an animations i do basic ones in 3ds max as well. Now i just started a new blog its about 3d stuff and i am going to be doing up 3d tutorials at the moment they are just going to be written but i will be doing up video ones as soon as i get the software sorted. the link is http://cgbasement.blogspot.com/. hoping to get forums and stuff done up aswell when i get going a bit and build some traffic. don't forget to subscribe if your interested. add me to your friends list i will answer any questions you got.
@makingpots (11915)
• United States
18 Mar 08
I wish someone would have responded to this one, Nireths. I would like to know this as well. Maybe they still will. Anyone?