Where to get college scholarships and grants?

United States
May 23, 2008 5:43pm CST
My son is going to college in the fall and I am looking for scholarships and grants. Does anyone know of any legit places to apply for scholarships and grants? I know they have to be out there somewhere.
2 people like this
2 responses
• United States
26 May 08
The best place to look for scholarships is locally. Think about all of your connections. Try civic organizations, social clubs, church, extracurricular supervisors, work supervisors, local businesses, and the high school guidance counselor. The nice thing about community scholarships is that the competition does not tend to be as stiff, so you have a better shot at getting some money. National scholarships are great but usually harder to win.
• United States
10 Aug 08
I agree the best places are locally. Its a better chance that you can recieve them. My school districts webpage had a local scholarship search that was very helpful. I do not think Fastweb is a real site! Most of those scholarships are just webpages looking for hits. Also look into the college's scholarship page as well.
• United States
23 May 08
One place to begin looking is http://www.fastweb.com . They have scholarships and grants for all sorts of things. Your son fills out a profile with information on the school he wants to attend, and his background information such as his gender, birthdate, and anything his affiliated with. Then FastWeb gives you all the scholarships he is eligible for. Sadly I've never gotten any scholarships or grants for all the places I have applied for on FastWeb but it doesn't hurt to try.