which do you prefer, happy ending or sad ending movies?

Indonesia
August 7, 2008 9:09am CST
hopefully this kind of topic haven't been started yet. not yet....not yet....not yet... *hoping*
4 people like this
11 responses
• United States
8 Aug 08
i like sad endings mostly because it fits with the kind of movies i like.. i dont care for every movie being happy at the end because its not realistic.. maybe if it happened in life more i would be more for it
1 person likes this
• Indonesia
10 Aug 08
hi there, yes, you right. life is not that easy. i can understand that sad ending movies look more realistic than happy ending movies. thx for responding
• India
9 Aug 08
I always prefer a happy ending, well who doesnt, but some movies do have a sad ending, but are really so touching.
• Indonesia
10 Aug 08
hi keep_onwatch, well, a happy ending movie will surely makes us happy, especially if it's well done and they make it as realistic as possible. thx for responding
@diansinta (7544)
• Indonesia
8 Aug 08
Hi Sutan! Hahahah! you are funny!! for me its okay if this topic already post or similar like other discussion i will still visit it, as long i'm not already in it. hehehe. I like you to post new topic every time you post at mine.So i wasn't lack of stock of your discussions. Anyway, about movie, i love happy ending. I like love comedy movies, such as; "50 first dates", happy ending love from struggles lie "Memoar of a geisha" Happy, syalalala..so nice to be happy "meteor garden" too.
• Indonesia
9 Aug 08
hi dian sinta, hehehe, thanks you are always so kind yeah, 50 first dates is a nice funny movie. it made me laugh from the beginning. and memoir of geisha, it's a great movie. before it looks gloomy but thanks god, finally zhang zi yi (what is the correct spelling?) found her love. i am just a little bit sad because gong li's character is not so lucky in the movie. she is still beautiful anyway. thx for being here. happy week end. enjoy the waves
1 person likes this
@ramangill (1479)
• India
8 Aug 08
i prefer happy ending movies,because after all it is all fiction.So why not come out smiling from the theater rather than crying.I dont like those movies which have sad ending.array paise bhi do aur udaas ho kar ghar aayo yeh ky abaat hui?? lol take care peace.
• Indonesia
10 Aug 08
hi there, yes i get your points. all of us know that anything on the movies is not real. we just need to get entertained by watching movies. thx for responding
• Sweden
7 Aug 08
Of course HAPPY ENDING,coz it always felt you happy when the ending of the story is not sad.I dont like watching movie with sad ending it makes me felt sad too.
• Indonesia
7 Aug 08
hi swennerholm, well, a good movie is usually affect our feeling. thx for responding
• United States
8 Aug 08
It has got to be the sad movies. Look at the great movies of all time. How many end totally happy? Very few. Award winners? Almost all sad. Happy ending movies... well they tend to be cheap romance crap movies. There are a few exceptions, but come on now. Gotta be sad movies. But then again I like having my heart ripped out I think
• Indonesia
9 Aug 08
hi thehawkbat, well, maybe you are right. i also tend to think that sad ending movies are more impressive than happy ending movies. some masterpiece movie offer unclear ending, such as the godfather part one, is it happy ending or sad ending? or life is beautiful, is it a happy or sad ending movie? thx for responding
• United States
7 Aug 08
I prefer an honest ending. That the story be allowed to follow its natural course and not force a happy ending onto an otherwise sad story, or to have a painful ending just to force an emotional reaction from the audience. The Mist, for example, had the most gratuitously gut-wrenching ending I could imagine. And I am Legend had a forced "happy" ending that wasn't true to the original book.
• Indonesia
7 Aug 08
hi cajundharma, that's true..thx for responding
@youless (112123)
• Guangzhou, China
7 Aug 08
Although sad ending movies are much more impressive, but I still prefer to happy ending movies. I won't want to cry after watching the movie. I love China
• Indonesia
7 Aug 08
hi youless, yes, we want to be entertained, not depressed during watching movies . thx for responding..
@CJay77 (4438)
• Australia
7 Aug 08
I always like to see a happy ending.........But sometimes it is also good to be surprised.Most of the movies has happy ending anyway.
• Indonesia
7 Aug 08
yes i notice the same thing. maybe people prefer a happy ending as the climax of the story in the movie. thx for responding
@Corimore (249)
• United States
7 Aug 08
It all depends on the plot of the movie. Sometimes a happy ending just doesn't work for a movie. But sometimes you have to have it end on a happy note or you just walk away disgusted by the whole thing. Example THE BREAKUP that movie was played to be a comedy but ended sad and that just irritated me i don't like sappy movies that claim to be comedies and end up being sappy sad ending drama. You just forget about anything in the movie that made you laugh in the first place.
• Indonesia
7 Aug 08
hi corimore, well, the last episode of mr bean also have a sad ending (when his car was rolled over). but still a remember how funny he is in the episode (sorry that's not a movie). thx for responding..
• China
7 Aug 08
happy ending,I think.I wish that everyone can get their love
• Indonesia
7 Aug 08
hi concertino, thx for responding, the wish is so kind of you