Bugg Breed- Do you own a bugg (Boston Terrier/Pug mix)

United States
August 23, 2008 11:02pm CST
Do you own a Bugg? If so tell me all about it. I have a bugg litter coming available for Thanksgiving. I'm curious as to what kind of personalities other bugg owners have experienced with their pets. So far I have had mixed responses of previous buyers of my other three litters.
2 responses
@msmell (1378)
• Australia
24 Aug 08
Um this is a new one to me, I have pure bred Pug's and I love the Boston Terrier also the French bulldogs but would never think of crossing them! why do people do this what is wrong with the the dog as a pure bred unless of course you have an accident breeding then you have that litter but why would you go ahead and do it again?????
1 person likes this
• United States
24 Aug 08
That is how breeds get their start. The Boston Terrier already has large headed puppies so she usually does not have problems having pug puppies and vice versa. Our Boston has whelped 4 litters and hasn't had a problem with any. She also has had six good sized puppies with each litter. The Boston Terrier was originated from the Old English Bull dog and English White Terrier. The English White Terrier is extinct. The Bugg breed is becoming more and more popular. I think it is good to have the new hybrid's coming out. It helps reduce inbreeding and bring out positive features from both breeds into one dog. I have posted some pictures of the Bugg puppies from our last litters. They are very unique in personality. They seem to have the high intelligence of the Boston Terrier but some of the clinginess (one human ownership) of a pug. At least out of all the Pug's I know and have raised. This is not a negative discussion so please don't post abusive remarks. It is unkind and will discourage people from wanting to talk.
@msmell (1378)
• Australia
2 Sep 08
Gee I'm sorry that you viewed my comments as negative and abusive but I honest can't see how you would see it that way as it wasn't abusive at all!!! I was just stating that I personally would never cross these breed myself and that is my opinion and if you didn't want peoples opinion then you shouldn't ask what other people thing then!
1 person likes this
• United States
12 Sep 08
I'm sorry, your tone come off that way. The Bugg Breed is becoming increasingly popular. It helps to blend the breeds once in the while because to remain a pure breed you would eventually have inbreeding. I can't even stud my Pug locally to pug breeders because they are all related within 5 generations.
• Savannah, Georgia
17 Nov 13
I had a Bugg. Her name was Buttons. She was a sweet, loving dog. They can be hyper like Boston Terriers, but I always enjoyed her. They are loyal and protective of the family. I found you because because I'm looking for a free Bugg for my kids. Both of my kids Vada, 11 and Dade, 4 have Asperger's Syndrome a form of Autism and their father is being sent to Korea for a year with the Army. I want the dog to help ease some of the stress on the kids. Where are you located?