Have you ever suffered with a sprain in your leg?

Painful day - A picture depicting a painful day
@smilyn (2967)
United States
November 22, 2008 12:12pm CST
Yesterday when my friend was getting downstairs from her bedroom, she had slipped from the second last step..Before she could realise it, everything happened in a fraction of second. She got a sprain in her leg.She was told by doctors that she has an injury in the ligaments which join two bones in her legs. She has been asked to be in complete rest for a week, which is really impossible for her. Have you ever suffered with a sprain in your leg? How did you manage it?
5 responses
@aseretdd (13730)
• Philippines
25 Nov 08
Oh my... i am quite a clutz... so i suffered from sprained legs a number of times... the last time was when i was pregnant... and it was such a pain... i immediately went to the doctor for a check up because i was afraid my baby got hurt when i fell... good thing she was fine inside... but my leg swelled for like two weeks... so i was not able to walk properly for a long time...
1 person likes this
@smilyn (2967)
• United States
25 Nov 08
That is very bad..Getting hurt during pregnancy is very painful..That too when the legs are hurt, it would be very painful and tiresome to stand or work. With the incraesed weight during pregnancy, legs play a major role.Good that your baby was safe..
@Jody20 (887)
• Netherlands
22 Nov 08
I had never had a sprain in my leg, so i can't tell you how to manage. I wish her a speedy recovery. I hope she gets well soon.
@smilyn (2967)
• United States
24 Nov 08
Thanks a lot..
@riyasam (16556)
• India
25 Nov 08
it happened to me a month ago.i somehow twisted my left foot and got a sprain.it took me a week to recovers.applying ice and warm water alternatively did help me to some extent.happy mylotting.
@Anne18 (11029)
27 Nov 08
I had a sprain a long time ago before the children were born, so I just hopped around the house and I also had three days off work.
@savypat (20216)
• United States
22 Nov 08
Can she get the use of a walker or crutches? She really needs to stay off it so that it can heal, if not she may find herself in much worse pain. Good Luck
@smilyn (2967)
• United States
24 Nov 08
I too have advised the same thing to her. I feel that if she starts to move now before her leg is heeled well, then she may have a big trouble somewhere in the future..And thanks for the ideas of walker and crutches..I will suggest them to her.