What is the healthiest vegetable?

@TheAgent (220)
United States
December 4, 2008 9:39pm CST
I was wondering what people think is the healthiest vegetable. I have heard asparagus is very good. I was looking for some nutritional stats, but can't seem to find any facts. I know dark leafy vegetables are the best to help with digestion. What are some other vegetables that are good?
2 people like this
6 responses
5 Dec 08
The list is endless, but usually the rule is the darker the better, whether green, red, purple, whatever. Cabbage is a good one, pick the dark green or dark purple. Spinach is great, try it in salad instead of lettuce. Apparently okra is another which is good for the colon. Many salad vegetables are good for you because of their high water content. One point about fruit, is that you really should eat it on its own or before a meal, never have it afterwards. This is because fruit is digested much more quickly than your protein or carbohydrate meat and potatoes. So normally whilst your stomach is working on that roast beef, adding an apple or banana afterwards will only result in the fruit fermenting and producing gas and bloating.
@TheAgent (220)
• United States
5 Dec 08
This is a great post. I love spinich and cabbage. I didn't know about the fruit creating gas though. I will have to watch what I eat in the future.
@tuxirou (16)
• Germany
5 Dec 08
It's really hard to say. and I believe what I like is the best!lol~~
2 people like this
@zeeterman (1066)
• United States
6 Dec 08
Sweet Potatoes are VERY good for you.
@KaMlBob (786)
• United States
5 Dec 08
Beets? I don't eat beets, that is the only veggie I don't eat... are beets a veggie? Spinach, Carrots? I know everyone should have a glass of freshed squeezed OJ everyday! :)
1 person likes this
@kunking (1118)
• China
5 Dec 08
hi,my friend! the healthiest vegetable in my opinnion is tomatoe..Lycopene is found in tomatoes, particularly cooked tomatoes.It is thought to play a role in protecting the body from different forms of cancer,including cancer of cervix,colon,bladder,stomach and prostate.Lycopene also promotes heart health,keeping yr cardiovascular system running well... have a nice diet and happy mylotting!
@mods196621 (3652)
• Philippines
5 Dec 08
Most of the vegetables are healthy and nutritious. A;ll of them gave essential vitamin that are needed by our body. I cannot say which is the best among of them because they have their own uses that we need to intake. Like bitter melon do you have this in your area? We called it here"ampalaya" this kind of vegetable gives the body to increase the blood of our body especially if a person has low red blood cells. About the leafy vegetables they are good in metabolism to clean our colon in order to release those bad and fatty inside our stomach to prevent constipation. Some are good for the eye sights like carrots and many more. So if ever we need to eat more vegetables and fruits too.
1 person likes this