Buco or coconut water for UTI

Philippines
January 23, 2009 9:18am CST
I have always heard that buco juice is good cleansing for kidneys and the urinary tract. So when one has UTI, fresh coconut water is recommended. When my parents learned that I have UTI, they decided to bring me fresh coconut water everyday to my in-laws’ house. But I said, why not go home instead and get fresh coconut water everyday without having my father travel to and fro everyday. So anyway, I am here and I consume the water of about 3 to 4 coconuts daily. The water is actually very filling, but delicious. Anyway, have you heard of this? I mean that coconut water is good for UTI and other UT related matters? Do you drink coconut water? Take care all and God bless you!
5 responses
• United States
25 Jan 09
I have always heard about the cranberry juice, not sure what Buco juice is... but I heard that coconut milk is a laxative...LOL funny how we hear so many things and wonder what is true and not...lol
@marketing07 (6266)
• South Korea
25 Jan 09
yes ido believe that coocnut water is good for UTI..hope you get well soon
@aseretdd (13730)
• Philippines
25 Jan 09
My doctor also told me to drink a lot of buko juice when i was pregnant... and i did... good thing a vendors passes by our apartment everyday... so i had ample supply... i think this is one of the good uses of the coconut tree... it produces this fruit that has lots of juice that is very good for the body... especially to our kidneys...
• United States
23 Jan 09
I have always heard that drinking cranberry juice is good fot UTI's . I drink alot of cranberry juice , so it must work because I don't get UTI's. But if I ever do get one I will try the coconut water . Thanks for the info. Cheryl
@Patzi_md (129)
• Philippines
23 Jan 09
drinking lots of Buco juice doesn't prove to treat UTI, but drinking lots of fluid would do. It could increase your urine and cleanses your urinary tract along with the bacteria. You can drink lots of fluids but avoid much sweets like orange juices and other carbonated drinks.