Single: by choice or no choice?

@zorlone (411)
Philippines
January 31, 2009 4:29am CST
Have you ever wondered why some people stay single for the longest time you've known them? Even if you push them into getting acquainted with someone you know. They will still end up by themselves. You ask them if they are happy and they will answer, YES. Everything else in their lives they do alone. Eating. Going to church. Watching a movie. Most of the single people I know are achievers. They look good. They have hobbies. Are relaxed with other people around them, but at the end of the day, they are by themselves. Are you single by choice? Or there is no choice than to be single?
2 people like this
10 responses
@marisriel (1156)
• Philippines
1 Feb 09
There is a verse in the Bible, I'm sorry but I forgot it, I just remember having read about it, that God is actually inspiring us to be single by choice. There is really nothing wrong about being single, it's just maybe the people around you are just too concerned of what you will end up if you get old and without anyone by your side. The majority's happiness doesn't necessarily mean everyone's happiness, so just take it positively
@marisriel (1156)
• Philippines
1 Feb 09
I'm impressed! I haven't thought you knew that one. Maybe God has chosen you to be for ALL, not only for one. In case, you will have so many people loving you when you get old, you won't even know how to choose. Thanks and have a nice Sunday too!
1 person likes this
@zorlone (411)
• Philippines
1 Feb 09
Ah! The power of the internet... I just searched for it and I may have found the right verse. LOL
@zorlone (411)
• Philippines
1 Feb 09
Hi! Was it 1 Corinthians 7:8" To the unmarried and the widows I say that it is good to them to remain single as I am." My bible verse searching skills are not very good. But I understand what you mean. Maybe being single is a calling and one has to accomplish "something" before he/she can enter a relationship? So, as a doctor, maybe I have to see my 100th patient before I can have a girlfriend? (Sorry, I took what I said literally) Have a nice weekend marisriel! say hello to the girls for me.
@lovesummer (1162)
• Malaysia
1 Feb 09
I am single by choice. I am like you said an achiever and many don't understand why I am single. I just don't get the urge or neeed to be with someone and I am happy on my own. But I do have my lonely times. I could get a partner or boy friend anytime I want and whoever if I ever chase. it is not a problem i could even get married instantly but i think thats not a problem for most girls lolz..
@zorlone (411)
• Philippines
1 Feb 09
I like that... good attitude. strong character. self confidence. A lot of men would think that such qualities like yours, are intimidating. to others, it would be a turn on. He he he... But being single is just a state to most, if not, all. And we eventually find our counterparts no matter how much we avoid them.
@maean_19 (4655)
• Philippines
1 Feb 09
I'm still single by choice. Not because I want to live alone and not because I don't want to get marry. I am single because I want to achieve my goals first. Marriage will come at the proper time. It is a cliche everytime someone would ask me why am still single at my age. My usual answer is "I have no problem with that"...Who cares, am happy with that, it isn't permanent anyway.
1 person likes this
@zorlone (411)
• Philippines
1 Feb 09
Same here... we're in the same boat. am single by choice too. Been concentrating on my career. But I have to admit, it kinda' gets lonely sometimes. don't get me wrong, am not lonely now. I have my hobbies, and friends from every circle, but at the end of the day, I long for the warmth of another person (lady) by my side. He he he. too dramatic??? anyway, thanks for your thoughts!
@cherriemae (3370)
• Philippines
31 Jan 09
i think being a single depends on the situation..by choice sometimes because not all single people really wanted to have a lover or got acquintace with someone..they seems to become more happy without anyone..others is no choice than to be single because they are some who are trying to have a lover but theres nothing for them..at this moment, i'm single by choice, wanted to be with my daughter without any man in my life.. yes, i'm a single mom, and i do have bf's before, but now i've chosen to be alone with my daughter.. i'm happy anyway, and i dont need a man in my life.. already have my daughter who gives me happiness..
1 person likes this
@zorlone (411)
• Philippines
1 Feb 09
She's pretty! I'm sure she's quite a handful and a man in your life might not be what you need at the moment. :))
@okoyskabo (186)
• Philippines
1 Feb 09
most of the single people i know are (frankly) bad looking. so i can say that they are single because they don't have a choice. i understand that they are lonely, imagine doing things on your own. i even have a friend who is still single at 40+, she treats her dog like her child. she even buys milk for that dog.
1 person likes this
@zorlone (411)
• Philippines
1 Feb 09
Awww.... if she's lonely, then I have to say I'm sorry for your friend. But life, still has a lot to offer. Make friends. Join clubs. Travel. The thing is, as long as that person doesn't dwell in loneliness, life can be spent to it's fullest!
• Philippines
1 Feb 09
Wow, this one sounds heavy! No wonder... If you ask me, i'd say "yes, they are by themselves at the end of the day and maybe at the end of their lives...who knows up to when we'll live?...we can always tell how it is to be single but we can never really feel or express how to be attached unless we go through it. it's true what they say, experience is the best teacher. so friend, i hope you stop shoving all the opportunities coming your way in meeting someone who just might be 'the one'. you'll never know unless you try. believe me, been there and done that!
1 person likes this
@zorlone (411)
• Philippines
1 Feb 09
Ok. There are two sides of the situation. If I were single by choice, I would have to spend all the waking hours of my life working, rather than to dwell on the fact that I am single. I will spend my day with the people I love and care about. There are still 6.7 billion people in the world right now and i definitely would find at least 17 of them to be my best friends. Being single now would just be a state. Shall we say a preparation for things to come. You can't rush having a relationship because the further you rush it, the more it will elude you. The romantic in all of us will find the right person at the right time and never let go. So. I will embrace that romantic side of this unromantic life we live in when that time comes. If I were single because am out of choice (nobody likes me), then I will spend every waking hour to improve myself. My attitude. My other strengths. Betty la fea is liked not because of beauty, but because of character. The pureness of heart will and have always been irresistible in any race. So, don't loose hope. Being single is not the end of the world.
@maean_19 (4655)
• Philippines
1 Feb 09
I'm still single by choice. Not because I want to live alone and not because I don't want to get marry. I am single because I want to achieve my goals first. Marriage will come at the proper time. It is a cliche everytime someone would ask me why am still single at my age. My usual answer is "I have no problem with that"...Who cares, am happy with that, it isn't permanent anyway.
• United States
17 Dec 09
I'm single by choice because I don't want to put up with all the drama that comes with a relationship mushy feelings getting to close to someone and them letting you down. It's better to be single. I'm never lonely I find lots of things to do with my time my friends and family keep me happy.
@thaMARKER (2503)
• Philippines
9 Feb 09
I’m single for years now and it’s by choice. People who would ask and know that I am single would not believe though. Hehehe.. I’m too independent when it comes to my love life maybe I’m used to it. I get bored if I’m with someone most of the time honestly so it’s better to just be alone. I was a loner ever since anyway. There are times that I needed someone to hug or to talk with but that only lasts a day or a night and the next day I would realize I’m better without someone.
@zorlone (411)
• Philippines
9 Feb 09
Good comment! I was intrigued by the last sentence though. As if there is something hidden in those words. Very well said! A lot of strong women I know are the ones who are still single. Nothing to be ashamed of, am sure you can get any guy at a whim. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
@dolyares (178)
• Philippines
18 Dec 09
Hi myloters, Im single with no choice,ahahahah. Unlucky isnt? Its just that those i man that i want doesnt want me as their lover,ahahaha, vice versa,i dont want those who want me. I dont go into a relationship with someone i dont love just to show to all people that i have boyfriend. Although sometimes i tried to think to try to go in a relationship with a guy whom i do not love,but i really cant. And, it will unfair to the guy if i do that.